Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted Files

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
mpulliam6CT22
8118 Views, 20 Replies

Corrupted Files

Hi,

I updated Fusion 360 to 2.0.286 after not using the program for a few months.  I've tried to open 4 projects but they are all listed as corrupt.  I've restarted Fusion 360 but the result is the same - corrupt.  These projects worked fine a few months ago.

What is going on?

Error Message:

Could not open file: 535108 assembly v1, Version Number: 1, Error message: Ok

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 1.21.00 PM.png

Attached are the Diagnostic Logs

Thank you!

20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
jchungbin
in reply to: mpulliam6CT22

I had a corrupt file and was given a "replacement" from AutoDesk and it still fails.  The weird thing is it opens on the web-based viewer, but on my PC in Fusion 360 it does not open.

1. What causes files which save correctly to become corrupt just by closing down and restarting the next day?

2. What can I do in my modeling and assembly practices to avoid corrupt models?  I have read in places using the "Move" command to place parts often causes problems. Is that true?  If I am doing a layout, I don't have exact interface geometry defined yet.  one of the fundamental capabilities of CAD is to move things into place and the system remembers where it is.

3.  For an assembly which may eventually more than 1000 parts, do the "best practices" suggest building each subAssembly in a different model then join at the higher lever?  This is the only practical way if there is more than one person working on a model.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report