Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying and making the other half of a object

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
706 Views, 2 Replies

Copying and making the other half of a object

I am a bit new to Fusion360 and i would like to know how to copy an object that i've already created and finish the "other half" (as in- if i was to flip the other object i could put it on the first object so that it is parallel to the first). How do i do this? I couldn't find any info on how to do this elsewhere. Thanks  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
whittakerdw
in reply to: Anonymous

You could use the move/copy command and select the part you want to copy and just select create a copy. Or you could use the mirror command.

Message 3 of 3
mavigogun
in reply to: Anonymous

Duke has what you want- Mirror.   You'll need a Plane to Mirror across- this can be a Face of the Body/Component to be Mirrored, the Origin Plane, or a Construction Plane.    Moreover, you can Mirror Faces, Bodies, Components, and Features with the Create>Modify tool.  

Related but not to be confused, the Sketch>Mirror tool is used in-Sketch to Mirror 2D/planar Sketch elements.   If you want to Mirror 3D Sketch elements, you'll have to create Bodies or Surfaces, Mirror those, then Sketch>Project/Include>Include 3D Geometry, as there is no capacity at this time to Mirror 3D Sketch elements.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report