Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting sketch lines projected onto surface to either pipe/emboss/cut

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
502 Views, 7 Replies

Converting sketch lines projected onto surface to either pipe/emboss/cut

Hi,

I've traced out a sketch and projected on to a body. So far so good. 

Was looking to etch or emboss the sketch lines onto the surface of the body.

I tried Pipe and it sort of works, but can't bring myself to do that for >1000 sketch lines. Could anybody advise how I could get those designs onto the body of the pot?

Attaching screenshots of this. 

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
g-andresen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

have a look at this tutorial

günther

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

The above tutorial doesn’t quite help. The text they’re using has nice closed profiles that can be selected and embossed.

However, the above application requires embossing of the lines of the sketch which aren’t necessarily closed.
Message 4 of 8
g-andresen

Hi,

Note:

Embossing is not  possible with lines 

günther

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Is this the same case even with cuts? Looking for anything that lets me add a surface feature with the patterns.

Message 6 of 8
mango.freund
in reply to: g-andresen

Hello @g-andresen  -- Guenther, I have no information about a possibility of cam production (engraving of the lines) and a return of the finished product to the construction level.  can you - or not?
a manual selection of all lines would not be necessary.  

@Anonymous please give photos and finished work directly over the camera symbol or in blue cloud for work f3d files

greeting mango

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mango.freund

@mango.freund Find attached the file.

I need to imprint the sketch pattern onto the body as something of a raise, cut or engraving. I'm looking to 3D print this, so trying to get that sketch design to protrude/pop from the body of the pot.

Message 8 of 8
TrippyLighting

You'll likely have to select each sketch object individually and create a pipe with it.

Du to the amount of objects it might be a good idea to turn of the design history, but make sure before doing so that you are completely satisfied with any other parts of your design and you are completely done with it, except the embossing on the surface..

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report