Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Components won't move in an assembly by editing the joint command or by using the move command

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
DonCMorrison
255 Views, 4 Replies

Components won't move in an assembly by editing the joint command or by using the move command

I have created an assembly of assemblies.  The fold frames positions can not be adjusted by editing the joint command or by using the move command once the joint is placed.  Why can't I refine the position of these components.  Their relative positions define the entire mechanism.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: DonCMorrison

The only Joints I see in the Assembly, that are something besides Rigid, move just fine.  Please clarify if these are not the joints in question.

Fold Frame Movement.gif

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
DonCMorrison
in reply to: jhackney1972

The fixed joints which position the fold frames to the pontoons are the issue.  I insert the fold frames into the assembly which initially just contains the two pontoon assemblies.  The right pontoon is grounded.  I then joint the front fold frame to the front of the right pontoon.  The joint creates the mate in the lateral direction and I can adjust the vertical position to get the top surfaces aligned.  It is the position fore & aft that is the problem.  I can adjust in using the joint command but when I hit enter the relationship moves to some other position (extended forward of the desired position.  I have the same issue when I position the rear fold frame.  The joints between the fold frames and the left pontoon should position it relative to the grounded right pontoon, but again, I have issues with the fore/aft direction resulting in the left pontoon being miss aligned fore/aft with the right one.  Joints 18 & 19 are the prime offenders

Message 4 of 5
jhackney1972
in reply to: DonCMorrison

I have attach your model with the joints you specified located in the position you defined.  I aligned all the joint to be as shown in the screen capture. I will caution you about opening my model in the same folder as your existing as this will duplicate your components.  If you want to open it, upload it to a different folder.

Joint Lineup.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
DonCMorrison
in reply to: jhackney1972

I have no idea why, but when I went back to my file, I was able to adjust the position using the edit joint command.  I had to determine the distance to move by trial and error.  Thanks for your assistance.  I'm still struggling with applying the joint command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report