Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare two bodies or components?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
joergen_nilsson
410 Views, 8 Replies

Compare two bodies or components?

I work as a CAD teacher and would like an easy way to compare my students models with a reference model. Is that possible in Fusion 360 or is there some kind of workaround?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

With all the variables being equal, 

with bodies selected in the Browser, Right click Menu, Properties, and the data is there to compare, density volume, mass etc.

cmpProp.PNG

Message 3 of 9
mufuo
in reply to: joergen_nilsson

When you install the AddIn here, you can compare 2 bodies as a snapshot. It only provides a visual comparison.

Mustafa Furkan Özel
Project - R&D Manager

LinkedIn

Message 4 of 9

Ok, that will work as a first check of course. But I'd like to give the student some kind of grade depending on how well he/she has reach the reference model.

Message 5 of 9

If the mass is not right, neither is the recipe.

CAD has 2 or 3 ways to deliver the same outcome, not sure how to issue proportionate grades, or the time it would take for the reviews.

Message 6 of 9

One way would be to manually select a number of measures and compare them with the reference model.

But if there are let say 30 students in the class and they have made three different models each, the reviewing easily becomes very tedious.

If there was a way to give the models different colors on the lines in wire mode that would help a lot. One could then put the models on top of each other and easily find all the differences.

Message 7 of 9

TrippyLighting_0-1700674858898.png

EESignature

Message 8 of 9

Besides the comparing of Volume, Bounding Box and Interference, you can check modeling features for inclusion and accuracy using the method outlined in the video.  The master model must created as a component and modeled on the origin.  To make is simply, make sure you model the component using only one body.  The students should be given the same instructions. 

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 9 of 9

Thanks John, that was a good tip :-)!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report