Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colour Gradient Change

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
5851 Views, 4 Replies

Colour Gradient Change

Being fairly new to Fusion 360 I have been attempting to apply colour to the body of the design. I can easily do this for a singular colour for each part/face, however my question is can I have it so that it is a gradient of two colours. 

For example take a cylinder, can I get it so the cylinder is blue at the front but changes to purple? If not is there any programs that can do this fairly easily (for Mac).

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Howdy from your friendly neighborhood Megan!

There's two ways to make a gradient color in Fusion 360.

The first is to add a gradient decal to the piece. This is best used if you like the material, you just want to alter the color:

• create a gradient to transparent image on either a photo editing program, like Photoshop, or download it from google. 
  • choose the "decal" tool from either the modeling or render menu. Both work exactly the same. 
  • follow the instructions on the decal menu, selecting the body and the image of the gradient, and positioning it on the body
  • from there you can adjust the gradient by editing it in the decal menu of the side browser

The second is to change the gradient of the actual material so you can use it over and over again:

• create a gradient exactly like you want it either in a photo editing program, like Photoshop, or download it from google
  • enter the appearance tab of the render toolbar, and select the material that most matches the texture you are going for
  • double-click the material to open the material editor, then click the "advanced" button to open the advanced tools 
  • there will either be an image or a color shown in a window at the top of the menu. If it's a color, change it to an image. 
  • click the name of the image currently attached to the material and change it to the one you created. Adjust the size and direction of the image to make it fit your piece.

I hope that helps! If you need any videos or screenshots, you just let me know.

Megan Ganley

Fusion 360 Catalyst

Student Expert

Message 3 of 5
michallach81

Hi Matthew, more then two years ago Autodesk acquired Lagoa: http://gfxspeak.com/2014/11/19/autodesk-acquires-visualization/

That is very nice cloud rendering app (no instalation, free 10 docs/projects). In that app you can create blend material (just remember about gradient map and UV projections).

Below is short screencast, just watch:

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author
projektowanieproduktow.wordpress.com

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hello, I've been trying to apply a gradient material to a pair of glasses. It shows rather messy instead of being a fluid change of colours. The top the "legs" are supposed to be green. The model needs some modeling, but no need to finish the model if Fusion can't map correctly. Schermafbeelding 2018-05-20 om 12.05.25.pngSchermafbeelding 2018-05-20 om 12.00.57.pngSchermafbeelding 2018-05-19 om 14.31.49.pngKleurenkaart.jpg

Message 5 of 5
20JB373

How do I apply a gradient? I cannot understand the first message and I have just started.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report