Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Cleaning up unwanted lines

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
blacktip
5659 Views, 4 Replies

Cleaning up unwanted lines

Hi. Is there a smart way to delete/clean up unwanted lines (i.e. in a solid component). I am trying to create some fillets, but F360 gives me an error, and I think it's due to the three "hidden" lines (of which one is marked in the screenshot). I've tried to select one and then all three and pressing the delete key, but nothing happens. Is there perhaps a smart function that calculates the selection and clean things up?

Cheers,

Markus

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mavigogun
in reply to: blacktip

On planar faces, some Edges may be eliminated by exploiting Fusion's healing reflex in the Model Workspace.   Say you have a rectangle with a diagonal seam across it: selecting one of the Faces and Deleting won't create a hole, but return a single unified Face- if both Faces were planar.   Be mindful, this ain't the case in the Patch Workspace, where we go to edit specific Faces.     The order of Deletion can be critical, so success often requires a bit of experimentation.   Moreover, at times, you might benefit from Splitting Faces in order for healing to fall as you design.   In the example image, the Face you want to eliminate may be "trapped" inside the body- you might want to start there.

With non-planar surfaces, Deleting a Face often results in changes to gross geometry.the face.jpg

Message 3 of 5
TrippyLighting
in reply to: blacktip

Rather than trying to delete these lines I'd try to find the root cause so you can prevent them.

You might wan to share your design.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
blacktip
in reply to: mavigogun

Hah! Selecting the face/polygon itself (rather than the lines) did the trick. The obvious is sometimes too close to see, or whatever I mean. Thanks šŸ™‚

Message 5 of 5
blacktip
in reply to: TrippyLighting

The root cause to the problem is most likely me making a lot of split body operations that seems to have been intersecting or overlapping . I was however able to delete the inside aforementioned polygon (without any noticeable unwanted effects on the model).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report