Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas Stocking Hangers

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
PhilProcarioJr
491 Views, 9 Replies

Christmas Stocking Hangers

So me and the wife was out looking for something to hang Christmas stockings on and really couldn't find anything we liked so I decided to model my own in Fusion and print them out. It is a two piece design, still need to sand and paint them but I am really happy with the way they turned out.

Stocking hangers1.jpg

ChristmasHanger1.png

Stocking hangers.jpg

Stocking hangers3.jpg

Stocking hangers2.jpg

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
brianrepp
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

Great idea, very creative!  Be sure to post pics of the final product after painting.

Message 3 of 10

these are great!  Nice work, @PhilProcarioJr.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 10

It's great Fusion can help in the daily life!
Message 5 of 10
jjurban55

Very cool!  I was wondering do you use an extrusion/FDM type printer, and what type of plastic?  That's cool it receives sanding and painting well.

Thanks.

Jesse 

Message 6 of 10
PhilProcarioJr
in reply to: jjurban55

Thanks guys!

@Jesse I have a Makerbot Replicator 2 it is a FDM and it uses PLA plastic. Not all PLA sands well or takes paint. I found a brand that gives really good prints, sands well and takes paint as long as you use automotive primer on them first. My business partner and I are getting ready to buy some new rapid prototype machines that will do PLA, ABS, Nylon, Wood, and Carbon Fiber filiment.

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 7 of 10
jjurban55

So I've found, that sanding and painting of these plastics normally ain't great.  That sounds like quite a find that a particular PLA brand is better in these regards, and definitely can give you a competitive edge!  And being able to extrude those crazy filaments with additives should also be pretty darn neat.

Jesse

Message 8 of 10
PhilProcarioJr

@jjurban55

What I have found as a general rule of thumb with PLA is if the filament is shiny forget about sanding or painting it. The filament I buy is very matte. I forget the name of the filament I get but I will post the brand when I get home.

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 9 of 10
jjurban55

Interesting.  Thanks Phil, I really look forward to trying the brand you suggest!

Jesse

Message 10 of 10
PhilProcarioJr

I use Hatchbox PLA filament.

Phil Procario Jr.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report