Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Dimensions of a Sketch

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
71491 Views, 11 Replies

Change Dimensions of a Sketch

My experience of Fusion 360 so far is pretty frustrating. I'm not really finding anything very intuitive.

At the moment all I want to do is the most basic thing, which is to change the dimensions of a sketch. It's a simple rectangle that I extruded. 

If a software is well designed, this should be really easy and very intuitive. But it's not. 

Can anyone help me?Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 21.27.08.png

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

What happens if you Edit the Sketch?

Or

Turn on the Visibility of the Sketch Dimensions?

Message 3 of 12
TheCADWhisperer

Rule #1

errr

Fusion Rule #2 - Right Mouse Button everything.

Edit Sketch.png

Message 4 of 12
etfrench
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

In Timeline mode, you can directly edit sketch dimensions and user parameters in the Modify|Change Parameters dialog.  It appears that you are working in Direct Modeling mode, so that option isn't available.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

I found out how to do this at last. Edit your sketch, then click the Sketch drop down menu and click Sketch Dimension, then click on the dimension line you want to edit, move the mouse to show the dimension and click again to fix it to the sketch. You can now change the dimension to what you want. Dimension measurements will stay there if you come out and go back in the sketch but you can click and delete them if you don't want them in the future.

You can change how the dimension is changed by right clicking on the little dots on the sketch and selecting Pin/Unpin and then the scaling will be relative to that point.

Under the new UI this option is located somewhere else but the Sketch Dimension option is still there.

Message 6 of 12
HughesTooling

Anyone that's done the basic tutorials and how tos should know how to edit a sketch. That said the sketch in the first post looks like it has 3 projected points in it so one or two of those would need to be deleted before it can be edited. But again it's in the help.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
mylesjack1
in reply to: HughesTooling

ok.

Message 8 of 12
shobida
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Capture.JPG
That's cool and all but.  

Message 9 of 12
g-andresen
in reply to: shobida

Hi,

Try moving the cursor in the timeline (several times) between the end and the beginning and/or jumping back and forth between the elements in the browser.
The editing mode should then be available again.

Günther

Message 10 of 12
etfrench

Personal or Paid version?

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
HughesTooling

@shobida wrote:

Capture.JPG
That's cool and all but.  

Edit. Deleted what I thought to start with.

Think this might be you have a sketch created before history was enabled so it's in a base feature like this. Still not quite the same dialog though. Can you show  the timeline and\or share the design.

HughesTooling_0-1719576035761.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
laughingcreek

@shobida wrote:

Capture.JPG
That's cool and all but.  

in this screen shot you're already in edit sketch mode.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report