Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot project objects when in edit-in-place, associative & non-associative dropdown menu greyed out

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
moonlesskai
343 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot project objects when in edit-in-place, associative & non-associative dropdown menu greyed out

Hi,

I cannot project objects when in edit-in-place. Drop down to change to associative is missing even though the checkbox in the preference is selected. How can I change to associative and perform step 1 in the image below?

edit in place associate greyed out.jpg

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: moonlesskai

Hi! I could be wrong but I suspect this particular external part may have cross-part relationship in a different context. Is it true?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 7
moonlesskai

Hi Johnson,

Thanks for your feedback! I uploaded a new part from mcmaster to try to edit in context. This part definitely doesnt have cross-part relationship and still doesnt work.
moonlesskai_0-1716960492138.png

Message 4 of 7
jhackney1972

I wonder if you are using a current version of Fusion.  You Preferences dialog is not the same as the latest version.  I am using Fusion 2.0.19426 and the setting for Associative Edit in Place is under the Designs > Assemblies index listing.  Go to your Help icon in the upper right corner of the Fusion screen and click on the About icon to check your version.

Also, from the look of your Edit in Place bar at the top, it seems as this model has been edited before and was made Non-Associative.  Once the Edit in Place is made Non-Associative and saved, it cannot be changed.

Associativity Setting.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 5 of 7
moonlesskai
in reply to: jhackney1972

It looks to me like I we using the same version of fusion. Please see below for screenshot  of version.moonlesskai_0-1717922682184.png

Message 6 of 7

@moonlesskai wrote:

Hi Johnson,

Thanks for your feedback! I uploaded a new part from mcmaster to try to edit in context. This part definitely doesnt have cross-part relationship and still doesnt work.

Imported parts, by default (and for good reasons) don't have the timeline enabled.

This might be the culprit here as Assembly Contexts require a timeline for all involved components. 

EESignature

Message 7 of 7

That was it Peter! I did not realize all of the parts involved required a timeline. Thank you so much for the support!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report