Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot dimension a circle after it was moved using move sketch object.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
fozzy
840 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot dimension a circle after it was moved using move sketch object.

Im making a hollow cone. Its an adapter for a shopvac hose to a table mire saw.

I made 2 small circles (42mm, 45mm D) on a plane. Then made 2 bigger circles on the same plane (58.5mm,61mm). 

Then use move-sketch object and move the bigger circle 40mm along a perpendicular path.

Then use loft to create the cone between the 2.

All this worked fine.

Now i need to increase the size of the larger circle, but the dimension tool wont let me select it. I can dimension the small circle(s) but no the large one(s).

The measure tool works fine.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
davebYYPCU
in reply to: fozzy

Dimension tool only works on 2d sketch articles, your articles moved off the sketch plane are now 3d articles - done to you automatically by Fusion.

Might help...

Message 3 of 7
lichtzeichenanlage

Is it possible that you've drawn everything in one sketch? IMHO you cannot dimension sketch elements in the 3d space. Because of this it's easier to use two sketches like shown in the video.

Message 4 of 7

@davebYYPCU: Should have refreshed my browser. Those screencast uploads are just to slow...

Message 5 of 7
fozzy
in reply to: lichtzeichenanlage

I see...that makes somewhat sense. Though trying to figure out why everything else worked except dimension was frustrating as anything. I even did create a sketch at the new placement, but that did not "import" the sketch objects to allow dimensioning...

Thank you for the screencast, ill convert to that method.

Message 6 of 7
lichtzeichenanlage

@fozzy: Really - you're marking your post as answer... That will not help any other user that searches the forum.

Message 7 of 7
fozzy
in reply to: lichtzeichenanlage

Sorry bout that, and that i didnt see this post when you made it...fixed now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report