Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select spline for revolve?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1310 Views, 3 Replies

Can't select spline for revolve?

Greetings all, I'm within my first hour of trying to learn this product, and am evidently making some very basic mistake. I have defined a construction line and a spline curve (fit to points):

Screenshot from 2020-12-24 08-10-17.png

When I try to click on the spline during the select-profile operation it refuses to select the spline curve no matter what I've thought to try. Indeed, when I position the mouse directly over that curve, it seems to be telling me that "this isn't suitable' (see the tool-tip kind of message "Select sketch profiles or planar surfaces to revolve")

As a side note, I have no problem selecting the horizontal line as my axis (i.e. I do know how to click on things--at least in a general sense 🤣 )

Can anyone tell me what is wrong? I have to assume I did something wrong when creating the curve such that it's unacceptable, but I have no clue what that might be.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
g-andresen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

in solid mode you need a closed profile. > blue shaded

closed profile.png

günther

Message 3 of 4
TrippyLighting

You can do that but would have to change into the Surface tab. Then it'll create 

an open, revolved surface.

'if you want a solid, then you'll have to change some of the construction lines into solid lines so Fusion can recognize it as a closed profile to be revolved.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Many thanks Trippy and Guenther, yes, I'm following a tutorial (evidently written for an older version), and many fundamentals are entirely unknown to me. Totally nailed it, and better yet, I now have learned something more than simply how to make this work 🙂

Appreciate the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report