Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't put object into antother

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
hackerman688
429 Views, 8 Replies

Can't put object into antother

Hello, I have just started learning Fusion 360. Before this, I have only worked with Kompass3D and Blender. I have a problem and I need to create a bool modifier slot for a d10 cube on a plate in Fusion 360. To do this, I need the dice to be inside the plate. However, they have collision enabled, and I can't put one object inside another because they collide with each other. I have no idea how to disable the collision, and I couldn't find an answer on the internet. Can you please help me?

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@hackerman688 

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 9
jhackney1972
in reply to: hackerman688

Collision?  Please attach your model.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 9
hackerman688

Here

Message 5 of 9
jhackney1972

You have added a Tangent Relationship between the two components, that is why you cannot penetrate one into the other.  It is indicated in the timeline, simply right click on it to delete it or suppress it.  I would go further but I do not understand what you want to model from here on as to your description.

Tangent Relationship.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 6 of 9
hackerman688
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks, it works, i want to create a health and spell tracker for the Dungeons and Dragons board game, like on pic. And now I do not know how to put one object on another so that the planes they touch was parallel

YOy6hyAinVM.jpg

Message 7 of 9
jhackney1972

There are a number of ways to do this but probably a Joint would be the best.  The video will show how to place the cube on the surface using a Planar joint.  Other methods, which are temporary, would be to use the Align or Move command.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 9
jhackney1972

I am guessing, from your picture, that you want to add some sort of a pocket to hold your game piece.  You can make them to fit close around the piece or just a clearance pocket like the one in my model.  Model is attached.

Game Piece Pocket.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 9
hackerman688
in reply to: jhackney1972

Yea, thats worked, thanks a lot)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report