Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open folder to save sometimes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tomae
435 Views, 3 Replies

Can't open folder to save sometimes

Randomly I go to do a "Save As" and when the dialog comes up I am unable to open the folder I want.  I end up just saving in ~master and then later moving the drawings or part.  It doesn't matter if I close and re-open the save as command at that time, if it is happening it won't work.  This doesn't happen every time but I would say it happens 20% of the time I try to Save As.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PhilProcarioJr
in reply to: tomae

@tomae

I have never seen it do this...

@innovatenate can you check this out?

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 3 of 4
tomae
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

May be related (or not), but is also annoying....This happens even more frequently than not being able to open any folder, nothing appears in the Move dialog....Usually, I end up going to A360 web-based browser and moving things.  But sometimes I come back later and the Move dialog works.

Message 4 of 4
baribak
in reply to: tomae

Hi,

Some questions to help us narrow it down:

• Has this always been this way? Works sometimes?
  • If inconsistent in it's behavior is there any pattern to when it occurs e.g. afternoons, after launch, etc.?
  • Can you try clearing the browser cache to see if it helps with the dialog display?
  • Have you changed anything on the system? OS updates, video updates, installed application, etc.

Also, if you see this again, I am wondering if the network speed might be also be a factor? If you wait does the dialog populate? If you can reproduce the issue, can you run Performance Monitor to see what might be interfering?

BTW: You can check your speed at www.speedtest.net.

Regards,

Kevin Baribault
Fusion 360 Quality Assurance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report