Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't fillet lines??

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
markaudacity
2567 Views, 8 Replies

Can't fillet lines??

I'm baffled, here. Fusion won't let me fillet any lines in sketches in this design, and as usual the error tells me nothing at all. I want to fillet the corner of the polyline offset from the edge of the base, and it won't do it, so I tried to draw a new set of lines and fillet those, and it still just...won't. All constraints are removed.

WTF.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
wmhazzard
in reply to: markaudacity

I don't think you can fillet splines in a sketch but you can fillet the solid body which is preferable to fillets in sketches anyway. 

Message 3 of 9
Johnc911
in reply to: wmhazzard

You can fillet splines. Not sure what's wrong with this spline but if you redraw it it fillets. You can also fillet offsets so it's not that either.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: markaudacity

I'm having a similar problem. I have the latest version, so things may have changed. I'm currently in an online class and we're designing a wrench, I created the wrench and added a center rectangle to the face of the wrench. "The problem!!" I can't locate the sketch fillet tool? there is only the modify fillet tool which has a different icon then the modify fillet tool when outside of sketch mode," a cube with a angled side". the same fillet tool now has an upright rounded right angle icon which is the function i want but i cant highlight the center rectangle. however, I then created a separate center rectangle on the same palate and was able to use the fillet tool in the modify column, select the sections to give the rounded fillet affect. what am i missing why cant i fillet the center rectangle within the wrench... last note the center rectangle is tethered to the graphs midpoint. I attached a screen snippet.

thank you

Mr.Green

Message 5 of 9
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

File>Export and then Attach your *.f3d file here.

Do you understand the difference between a Sketch Fillet and a Feature Fillet?

In your image it appears to me that you simply need to select second line for the Sketch Fillet.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

i think I know of 2 types of fillets,

1. modify fillet which allows you to add fillets to an extruded form. Squared fillet icon

2. sketch fillet which allows you to add fillets to a sketch. Rounded right angle icon

My problem "one of many" is that in sketch mode i'm only seeing the fillet in modify column which shows the rounded right angled fillet. where is the sketch fillet. I tried opening sketches to go directly to that sketch to try to modify it no use.

Message 7 of 9
TheCADWhisperer

That is the sketch fillet - it is used to modify the sketch.

Message 8 of 9
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried opening sketches to go directly to that sketch to try to modify it no use.

No *.f3d file Attached here???

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Solved!

Ok, so was getting mixed breakdowns of the fillet tool do to update changes. prior it seems there were two fillets one in sketch the other in modify. I used the timeline to select the sketch then selected edit sketch was then able to use the fillet tool in the modify column to add the fillets in sketch mode. 

Thank you for your input it pointed me in the right direction. much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report