Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't extrude symmetrically in timeline - File attached

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rhetteshleman
322 Views, 2 Replies

Can't extrude symmetrically in timeline - File attached

I may be asking for too much, but I'm trying to extrude the holes through the laptop base brackets (two small ones) after I've already extruded them for the arm itself. Hopefully the file will explain better. Also, I'm trying to use the 'Manufacturing Model' feature in CAM but I can't get it to even show up. It's enabled correctly in my preferences but I'm hoping to try it out for nesting all these parts. 

I know this file is a disaster, it started out nice and clean. Thank you for the help. 

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I hope I am looking at the correct holes.  Take a look at the Screencast where I make a suggestion on moving a couple of your bodies into the component containing the matching body.  I then demonstrate adding the holes from the existing sketch profile.  To get the select list where I pick the profile, hold down your left button while hovering over the profile.  That may not be obvious in the video.

As far as the Arrange command, you will not have access to it is your Fusion 360 license type is Personal.  If you have another type license, make sure it is enabled in the Preferences.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Thank you for that incredible response, John. You answered all of my questions and more. I have a subscription but was looking in the wrong place for the arrange and manufacturing model. Have a great holiday 

Rhett 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report