Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brainstorm for teaching in thermal simulations - follow up

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lch3K883
409 Views, 3 Replies

Brainstorm for teaching in thermal simulations - follow up

Dear community

A few months back I wrote for help to a brainstorm on using the fusion 360 software to do a thermal simulation course with my students. Now, after it have finished, I learned a few things. These I would like to share with you, for future use. 

1. The software is easy to use, but the students has a hard time figuring out how to setup a given problem
  2. The radiator demonstration is confusing - as no cooling of the liquid happens, it seems like a perpetual machine. 
  3. It works nice for electronics - one device uses this power, all goes to heat

Next time I will run the course, I hope to create a number of exampels that fits into the limitations of the boundery conditions available; flow of liquids is not an option, but free-flow air systems has a cooling coifficient, and electronics are also applicable. 

I hope some of you can use this for future reference, and if you have any comments, please add; I will as said update later, and if possible make the excercies available. 

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gaurvr
in reply to: lch3K883

That's perfect. Also, you cannot perform transient thermal analysis and had to stick to static analysis only in Autodesk Fusion. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: lch3K883

I'll add that these limitations are present for any steady state thermal solver that's isnt based on CFD. That means ansys, sworks...etc.

You may also add in methods of approximating the convective heat transfer coefficients.
Message 4 of 4
lch3K883
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, I became aware of this; I have been in a multiphysics environment up until recently (comsol), so I took it for granted. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report