Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blade along the curve

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
janne.mantyharju7XCWZ
269 Views, 3 Replies

Blade along the curve

I'm trying to model a blacksmith tool, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to create a curved sharp end. There's probably some extremely simple solution. I watched some tutorial on how to model a knife blade but it didn't seem to quite apply.

Could you advice me on how to create a constant sharp blade along the curve?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Not sure what you needed, from geometry in the file, used a bevel to the black centre line on the curved face.

Blue and green lines are not recommended, red icons should be attended to when they occur, usually Undo fixes it.

usltmc.PNG

Make a cutter to take off the excess material, Split body with the cutter, and hide the offcut..

Might help....

Message 3 of 4

Unbenannt.PNG

Hi @janne.mantyharju7XCWZ  that's it? greetings mango

Message 4 of 4

Thank you very much, I knew there's some extremely simple solution though I noticed some stitching was needed 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report