Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bend function not working as it did before, not sure what i did to break model, and inserting this logo is making me go bald.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jwhiteF8NZC
439 Views, 7 Replies

bend function not working as it did before, not sure what i did to break model, and inserting this logo is making me go bald.

Hello, I am new to fusion 360 and CAD in general, only been working with it for two weeks now. I have looked for and cannot find an answer to my issue in past posts, so I apologize if this has been answered before. I am attempting to make a simple bracket and was able to stumble through to get a model created the way is needed but when I attempted to add my company's logo is when I messed something up and now one part of the model will not bend. I was only able to add the logo in the sketch mode before I converted to sheet metal and now after I get the logo put in and apply the sheet metal rule to the drawing it does not bend on one of the lines it needs to. not sure if I am doing something wrong in process or if I broke it. any help would be greatly appreciated. model should be attached now if looking.

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jhackney1972
in reply to: jwhiteF8NZC

The Forum users really need to see your model to try and give an answer.  Please attach it.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 8
jwhiteF8NZC
in reply to: jhackney1972

John, thank you very much for telling me how to export the file I appreciate it. 

Message 4 of 8
jhackney1972

Got it!

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 8
jwhiteF8NZC

the small tab at the bottom wont bend anymore. i can get the top two, both 34.5 degrees. the small tab supposed to be 90 degrees.

Message 6 of 8
jhackney1972

I do not see any issue with Bending your model as the video shows.  I would suggest designing sheet metal models using the Flange tool for more accurate control of dimensions. You can use the Unfold command to flatten it for sketching and Extrusions.  Model is attached.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 8
jhackney1972

Updated model according to your dimensions is attached.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 8
jwhiteF8NZC

I see, I guess I was not doing it in the right order as I could not get the 3rd bend you did in the video. but after starting at the one end, it allowed me to. thank you very much for the assistance, sorry to waste your time on something so simple.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report