Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
gordonclamp
1289 Views, 13 Replies

Animation

I am trying to transform/move four components (picked together) in animation. They all move together correctly under the cursor, and when I input an exact dimension, but when I OK/accept the move or press return, one remains in the correct position, the other three jump out of view, but still on the screen if I pan out. Up to this point, previous transforms of the same model have functioned correctly as have previous animations. I have gone back to the model and made the four items a rigid group but this did not carry over to the animation. I tried transforming/moving the items individually but the same happened, one moved correctly the others moved out of view. Has anyone else had this problem, is there a fix? I am half way through a large animation and have now had to stiop. Cheers

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

This si hard to assess without a screencast, model, etc.

However, AFAIK the Animation workspace dos not honor joints. That may explain part of the roblem.

EESignature

Message 3 of 14

Hi

Please find the link to the screen cast below

http://autode.sk/1ReIu8D

Regards Gordon
Message 4 of 14

Hey @gordonclamp, thanks for letting us know about this, the screencast helps explain the problem a lot, although I'm not sure why you're running into this issue still. Can you share your model with me so I can take a look at it? timera.hart@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Timera

Message 5 of 14

Hi Timera

I would prefer not to share the model, as the company I am trying to sell the idea to has signed a letter of confidentiality.

Regards Gordon
Message 6 of 14
gordonclamp
in reply to: gordonclamp

This question has not generated any reason's or correction's to the problem. I accept that it is a very unusual occurance, not reflected in other annimations I have produced so as I am unable to supply the model for interrogation I accept it is a problem I will have to live with.

Message 7 of 14

Hey @gordonclamp, I suspect that it may be related to your model, as we haven't seen this issue happen before. I'm happy to hear you're not experiencing this with your other animations, but if you do run into this again please let us know, we'd love to dig in and try to fix it.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

I am getting a similar result when doing linear transformations in the animation module. The inconsistencies in the displacement are not as extreme. However, I think this inconsistent behavior should be corrected. To illustrate, I try to displace two parts by 10". When I press enter I noticed that the parts displaced more. When returning the parts to the previous location, which should be 10" apart, the displacement needed is 10" + 2 13/32".

Tags (2)
Message 9 of 14
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey @Anonymous, can you share your model with me so we can debug it please?

timera.hart@autodesk.com

Thanks in advance,

Timera

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

@TimeraAutodesk

I have sent the email through a private message to @masa.minohara.

Message 11 of 14

Hello,

It looks like I'm having exactly the same problem as you did! I have a simple assembly comprising two components. If I try and both rotate and move one of the components in the Animation workspace, the component goes zooming off-screen when I click OK. Here's a screen capture video of what's happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkSWagjKKQg

Did you ever find out what was causing the problem? I would really appreciate any ideas, especially as this is my first attempt at an animation and I'm disappointed this problem is occurring.

Here is my project on A360 if anyone wants to view it as well:

http://a360.co/2h0WyWu

Best regards,

Lindsay Wilson

Tags (2)
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: lindsaywilson88

@lindsaywilson88,

I sent my project files to @masa.minohara who explained to me that this issue was logged as a defect and was escalated to development. However, I do not have further information. 

Message 13 of 14

Hi @lindsaywilson88, Thanks for letting us know, and for giving us access to your dataset. Let me follow up with my development team to see what their feedback is on this issue. 

Stay tuned... 

-Timera

Message 14 of 14
gordonclamp
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Lindsay

Thank you for the information.

Regards Gordon

Sent from my iPad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report