Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animating the folding process of a box designed in the sheet metal workspace.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
benjamin786UD
443 Views, 3 Replies

Animating the folding process of a box designed in the sheet metal workspace.

So I've been using the sheet metal workspace to design some packaging in cardboard and I wanted to make an animation to show the people who will be assembling the packaging the order in which to fold stuff. I can't seem to see a way to animate through various folds though in the animation workspace? Is this sort of thing possible with fusion currently?

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 4

I am not an animation expert, but I believe that the answer is "no".  The only things that can be animated in that workspace are camera transitions, component positions, etc.  There is no mechanism for animating design-level feature changes or sheet metal folding process today.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 4

That's what I thought, it's a shame as it could be really powerful for showing order of operations type stuff. I don't suppose you know if it's on the roadmap at all?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report