Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligning all bodies at once

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cruceru.malin
278 Views, 7 Replies

Aligning all bodies at once

Hello everybody.
I have made the table pictured below, composed out of  11 bodies. The alignment below is done manually, piece by piece. 
Is there a way to set the gaps between the bodies for all of them at once? be it 5mm (arbitrary) or 0 (them touching)
2021-08-22_14h10_43.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

Message 3 of 8

here it is.
please, if you plan just to do it and give me back the file, also reply here what you did.

Message 4 of 8

I would recommend you avoid using the solid primitives as they are only semi-parametric. Instead, work with sketches and extrusions.

There should be zero move features in your design. Positioning components should be done with the assembly joints.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8

Honestly, i do not understand what you're talking about. I'm basically starting 3D modelling of any kind not only fusion and sporadically at best. 

Message 6 of 8

Attached is my version of the model.

1 Sketch and a set of user-defined parameters to play with.

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 10.42.34 AM.png

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

I would recommend for you complete one of the courses here.

That will provide you with a solid foundation in Fusion 360.

CAD and 3D modeling, in general, are complex. Downloading software and just starting to work with it can very easily lead to frustration 😉

EESignature

Message 8 of 8

yeah, it's frustrating sometimes going in blind, but momma raised no quitter. Members of the community like you who take their time to share knowledge and google is what helps me learn. 
Many thanks.

I'll check the course up because i want to get better at this since i'll be getting a 3d printer sooner or later.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report