Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new fastener types to hole tap type "clearance"

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
myr_christoph
239 Views, 4 Replies

Add new fastener types to hole tap type "clearance"

Hey I would like to ask for some information on how one would go about to add new fasteners to the hole operator.

I am designing various parts and I am using one specific screw type DIN ISO 7984. Unfortunately this is not present in the presets for the fastener types. Therefore I need to set all parameters for each hole individually.

I would like to add this screwtype to the fasteners list so that this operation would be much quicker.

In Inventor one can edit the "clearance.xls" to achieve this. Is there a way in Fusion 360 to do this aswell? 

Screenshot 2024-08-25 133346.png

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: myr_christoph

@myr_christoph 

Welcome to the forums!

@TrippyLighting @jhackney1972 Do you guys have any thoughts on this?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 5

I am using a Windows based application, if you are using a MAC then you will need to find this same file on your system.  The file I am showing is in a Hidden folder so you will need to use your File Explorer to change the hidden folder status first.  The red arrow indicates the Windows user name in your search path.  The long folder name will change with each update of Fusion but if you use the latest, you will be OK.  The file highlighted in a Javascript file but can be modified using a good text editor, I suggest Notepad++.  With Fusion CLOSED, you first will want to make a backup copy of the indicated file.  You can then edit it using a text editor to add the fasteners information you desire.  You can find the needed format by studying the existing file.  Be very careful with your entry as the omission or misplacement of a single entry can render the file useless, thus the backup.  Good Luck.

Clearance Hole Data.jpg

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5

Hi John,

thanks for the solution, this is exactly what I meant.

Does the version specific folder result in me having to edit the file everytime fusion gets an update?

I guess I can backup my edited file and just copy it once a new version is installed. I would like to know just out of interest.

Cheers and Thanks!

Christoph

Message 5 of 5

I would guess so but do not know for sure.  As you say, just back it up for safety.

John Hackney, Retired
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report