Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add existing component

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
darek.lin
971 Views, 7 Replies

add existing component

I have attached the model of the raspberry pi  from the gallery to the existing project. The imported model has a lot of details and it looks like the attempt to move pi model  in a new project ends a program crash. Is there any way to optimize the pi component to run in my project to work without move problems. I don't needs  edit pi component. I need only model stroke and texture. Maybe save as to other format? 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TrippyLighting
in reply to: darek.lin

@darek.lin wrote:

I need only model stroke and texture. Maybe save as to other format? 

Huh ?

Maybe attache your model or at the very least a screenshot and provide a better explanation of what you are looking for. Stroke and Texture are not terms generally used in Fusion 360

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
darek.lin
in reply to: TrippyLighting

The gallery model come from gallery: https://gallery.autodesk.com/fusion360/projects/102488/raspberry-pi-3---b?searched=

At the screenshot is the moment where fusion360 is crashed when I try to move.

ballancer.PNG

Message 4 of 8

@darek.lin: Unfortunately the link you've provided is broken.

Message 5 of 8
TrippyLighting

We don't need the RasPi. We need your model 😕

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
darek.lin

ups...  sorry: my model:   http://a360.co/2HRi21Q

Message 7 of 8
TrippyLighting

Before continuing, you may want to fix all the errors you have in your timeline. Fusion 2360's performance often suffers when people ignore warnings.

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 3.20.29 PM.png

Then, please fully constrain and dimension your sketches. Otherwise this is a recipe for disaster.

When importing Electronics, usually none of the passives (caps, resistors, small transistors) are needed. Neither are the solder joints on the bottom. Either delete them, or hide them.

What you are interfacing with mechanically are the connectors, maybe sometimes you ned to create an opening for an LED to be visible and, of course the PCB itself. Everything ills is not needed. You can create one or more selection sets to hide/unhide stuff in bulk.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
darek.lin

Thank you very much, now everything works as it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report