Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a Legal issue

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
boris.stanimirovic
402 Views, 3 Replies

a Legal issue

Hi, My first post here... a legal issue.

In a company I work for we use SolidWorks, and after years of using it I really enjoyed freshness and of F360 interface.

I have installed and played around with it and am very interested in using it for private (hoby) projects for now.

However, I sometimes log in to company's network with my private computer to access internet.

Will this be seen as "breach of usage agreement" by Autodesk, since I will be connecting to f360 server via an corporate IP adress?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

@boris.stanimirovic welcome to the Forums and glad to hear you're enjoying Fusion 360!  As for the legal concern, I don't see that as an issue; however, since Fusion 360 is free for hobbyists/startups, why not download onto your home machine and use a fresh account that can be tied to your hobby projects?  Over time the bigger concern I would have is how your company feels about using their machine/software for personal use, and should you ever decide to make your hobby profitable, ownership over the data.  HUGE disclaimer, i'm not a legal expert and that is just my opinion 🙂

Message 3 of 4

I feel like I did not explain the situation properly.

So. I would use f360 on my private Computer, for hobby projects. My company uses SWorks and will probably continue to do so in future.

Ocassionaly, like now for example, i am using the said private computer (laptop) while in office, for browsing and reading while my work machine renders something.

I am using the company network to access internet. With the company's consent.

If during this time the f360 software connects to the server via my company's IP adress, will this be seen by Autodesk as using the software for commercial puposes?

Or, can I use the free hobbyist version of the f360 and use the same computer as a backup machine at work?

Message 4 of 4

Ahh, makes sense.  No concerns over using it on your personal machine over your company's network, or on the same machine as backup.  Thanks for checking!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report