Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D AutoCAD block import

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
342 Views, 1 Reply

3D AutoCAD block import

Hello,

I am working with grain bins or "silos" as some people may know them and the local manufacturer uses a combination of solid works and autocad to make their 3D modeling. I work for a company that designs  the layouts of farms or shows the farmer what he/she's farm may look like before and after the addition of new equipment, however the way that they made all of their drawings is that they are all 3D block files with every combination of diameter and height possible for the object. I need to be able to open that file and choose what i want to use from the block and then put it into my active project. Is there such a way to go about this? recently i have gone through the pain of opening it on AutoCAD and then saving it as an stp file once ive chosen what i need and then imported it over to the fusion 360 project. Please advise

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MoshiurRashid
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure but you may try like this:

Copy the block of 3d. Open it in another blank autocad file. Export it to iges or step. Then try it in fusion.

Otherwise, you may upload the autocad file and let us check.

Moshiur Rashid
Autodesk Certified Instructor
ACP | CSWE
https://www.autodesk.com/expert-elite/overview

LINKEDIN | FACEBOOK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report