Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Drawings - Double Hatch

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ThreeSixtyMKE_Erich
554 Views, 4 Replies

2D Drawings - Double Hatch

Hello All,

Simple post today.  I haven't tracked which situations this happens in, but I occasionally get double hatches in section cuts.  It's almost as if the bodies in the model are doubled on top of each other.  If you look at the screenshot attached, you'll see a lot of the bodies have two sets of hatch lines running through them.

It's more annoying than anything, but I would like to see this resolved.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @ThreeSixtyMKE_Erich 

Thanks for letting us know, we have already caught this one and a fix is underway.

The team is working on a ticket for this issue, we have it logged as FDWG-1591. I believe most of the work is complete and is going through QA and validation, so should be available in an upcoming build in a few weeks time.

Once the fix goes live, you will need to update that view, you can do this by tweaking the section live position, or changing the hidden line visibility, this should regenerate the view and sort out the hatch pattern.

Message 3 of 5

Thanks @ClintBrown3D , look forward to the update!

Message 4 of 5
fheineman
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

I presume you have fixed this by now, so I have another section view hatch question.  Is there or will there be a way to retain the selected hatch parameters so that they do not change when the model is updated?  I'm working on a large design with a lot of sectional details, and the hatch patterns are important.  Very frustrating to have to re-format them every time I make a change to the model then update the drawing.

Message 5 of 5
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: fheineman

Hi @fheineman 

You presume correctly. Here's an example setup:

Snag_346871.png

In the GIF below, I move the sections line and make a model edit, all hatch overrides are preserved.

ezgif-1-3e09b73203.gif

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report