Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To scale sketch.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
824 Views, 5 Replies

To scale sketch.

Good day.

I need to scale my sketch.

When I use this code:

contour = rootComponent.sketches.item(0)
scales = rootComponent.features.scaleFeatures
scaleFactor = adsk.core.ValueInput.createByReal(1.4)
inputEntity = adsk.core.ObjectCollection.create()
inputEntity.add(contour)
basePt = contour.sketchPoints.item(0)
scaleUniformInput = scales.createInput(inputEntity, basePt, scaleFactor)
scaleUniform = scales.add(scaleUniformInput)

I want to scale sketch in 140%, but I get sketch consists from two parts. First is the same sketch, second is much bigger than 140%.  In UI Scale  value 1.4 works correctly.

What I have to do for getting only resulting sketch, and what I have to set ValueInput to zoom sketch in 140%?

Also, there is no way to scale meshbody, is there?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ekinsb
in reply to: Anonymous

I just tested your code with the current release and don't see the same behavior that you're describing although I do see a different problem where the resulting scaled sketch doesn't result in a profile.  I get the same behavior when I do the scale interactively.  I also tested it using latest update which is scheduled to go live this weekend, (except for the Mac App Store version, which will be a bit later).  Anyway, with this version I get a good result, so it looks like some fixes have been made in the scale feature.  I suggest waiting for the update this weekend and see if that solves the problem you're having.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ekinsb

Thank you. You are completely right. It works correctly with new update.

Please, suggest me, are there methods to scale and/or move meshbody? Similar to methods for sketch.

Message 4 of 6
ekinsb

That's great news.  Thanks for letting me know.

Brian Ekins
Mod the Machine blog
Message 5 of 6
ekinsb

And regarding your other question about scaling and moving meshbodies; Fusion only supports the manipulation of mesh bodies in non-parametric environments.  That is you can only import and manipluate mesh bodies if the document is set to not capture design history, the mesh is in a base feature within a parametric design, or the mesh is in a form feature.  The API does support the first of the three because you can work in a document that id not capturing design history, however when I try to create a move or scale feature on the mesh body I don't get any errors but the mesh body is not changing either.  I'll log a defect for this.

For the case where the mesh body exists within a form or base feature, we still need more API to be able to manipulate anything that's owned by either of those features.

Brian Ekins
Mod the Machine blog
Message 6 of 6
ekinsb
in reply to: ekinsb

I have to take one thing back that I said.  The Scale feature is working as expected on a mesh body.  In my original test, the mesh body I created was in a base feature, not in a regular component.  When I created the mesh in a regular component within a non-parametric design, scale is working.  Move still isn't working and I'll log a bug for that.

Brian Ekins
Mod the Machine blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report