Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheeter - Google Sheets Connection for Fusion 360

62 REPLIES 62
SOLVED
Message 1 of 63
prainsberry
9804 Views, 62 Replies

Sheeter - Google Sheets Connection for Fusion 360

I wanted to post this here i case anyone is interested in checking it out.  Something I have been working on for awhile and decided to put it out there to see what people think.  

This allows you to connect a Google Sheet (spreadsheet) document to a Fusion 360 design.  Then you can define multiple sizes.  Once you have defined the sizes you can switch sizes back in Fusion, or generate new Fusion models, export neutral files, or post process g-code for each size.

It is really just a bit of a hobby project for me so I make no guarantees, but in the tests I have done it has been pretty reliable.  

Let me know what you think. 

https://github.com/tapnair/FusionSheeter

Patrick Rainsberry
Developer Advocate, Fusion 360
62 REPLIES 62
Message 2 of 63
Anonymous
in reply to: prainsberry

THIS IS AMAZING

First of all: this is the first free easy bom tool. Great!

Second: Finally a good solution to do a lot of math!

third: parametric multiple exports are amazing.

I'm getting to use this right away! i've been looking to something to replace swiftcalc for a while. This is working like a charm. 

Message 3 of 63
smallfavor

I'm completely taken with this functionality... but it doesn't show up when I start the application

I'm pretty sure it's in the right place.  Any ideas?

https://cl.ly/3P2r3m3i3l2f

Oops!  Sorry, I just realized I had to remove the -master bit from the folder name. Thanks so much for this - it will make a very big difference!

Message 4 of 63
prainsberry
in reply to: smallfavor

you beat me to it.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Patrick Rainsberry
Message 5 of 63
smallfavor

Hey there!

I actually do have some questions …. issues. One being the sheet is not apparently syncing! But to make things more interesting, my desktop (Mac) is randomly shutting down. I’ve had to relent and buy a newer machine. The switch from the old system in the tower to an iMac with external drives is a major frigging expense and hassle. However sometime next week I’ll be able to record with a VO alphabetize to help explain and I’ll contact. you then.

One question that arose was why columns instead of rows have to be assigned to user p’s. It would be easier if the google spread sheet could mimic more closely the layout of the Fusion window. The most tedious aspect of the fusion entry is the inability to alphabetize variables which is a nuisance down the line. But I can’t find how to do so in the google sheets either - although I think I managed to once.

Happy fourth!

James

Message 6 of 63
david.lantier

Very useful, works well for me, many thanks !

Message 7 of 63
Anonymous

I think it's awesome.  👍

Thank you! 😍

Message 8 of 63
Anonymous

Hi Patrick, I was all set having installed Sheeter, but when I go into F360 to link to a sheet (i.e. have Sheeter create a new Google sheet for me) it redirects to a Google login screen but then when I try to login with my valid Google account I get an error saying (paraphrasing) something like "Google cannot allow in-app authentication as this software developer has not been verified or authorized" or something to that effect.  So i can't get any further, and this also has the effect of hanging F360 in a loop that requires me to Force Quit (I'm using Mac OS X).  

Any way around this?  i'm eager to get going with Sheeter! 

thanks

Carl

Message 9 of 63
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous & @prainsberry 

I have the same issue - tested on Mac & PC, company g-mail, personal g-mail as well as with and without 2 factor authentication. Any guidance would be awesome.

Jeff

Message 10 of 63
prainsberry

Hello @Anonymous  and @Anonymous I am afraid maybe Google has update a security policy.  I will look into it, but I hope this doesn't mean the end of Sheeter... 

Will report back soon.

Patrick Rainsberry
Message 11 of 63
Anonymous

Patrick, thanks for the follow up.  I don't suppose there's a way for Sheeter to work with a local copy of, say, an excel spreadsheet (thus avoiding the need to go through Google's security. ???

thanks

Carl

Message 12 of 63
Anonymous

I am praying that this google security issue is resolved so that we can get back up and running. This plug-in solves 90% of my problems with F360. 

Message 13 of 63
prainsberry

Hey, sorry for the delay.  I have looked into the issue with Google and understand what is necessary to resolve it.  Google is enforcing a pretty intense security policy now.

That said I am working through some logistics right now, and should be able to give you an answer one way or another soon.  

Patrick Rainsberry
Message 14 of 63
prainsberry

Update:  Basically spent the whole weekend getting everything setup , but I have submitted this to Google for "verification".  There will be a new "version" of the app that you will need to download moving forward.  I am just getting some last things tied up but I think the "new one" should be available in the next couple days.  It will work for the first 100 people that use it until the Google Verification Process is complete (they say up to 4-6 weeks).  I will post an update here as soon as the "new one" is available.  Maybe will get it finished tonight. 

Patrick Rainsberry
Message 15 of 63
Anonymous

That is great. Thank you!

Message 16 of 63
n3rDlab

Hello All,

So I think I have this all set up!!  In order to comply with Google Security policy I needed to move this into an "organization" rather than my personal Google account.  Well that spawned a lot of things LOL.  

The good news is I actually already completed the full verification process with Google so it should be fully working now.  

To continue to use it, you'll need to download the new version.  Please forgive me if there a kinks in the website.  You have no idea how long it took to just get to this point.  Also please note, I used this "store" template for the website, but to be very clear I have no intentions of charging for Sheeter.  

Here you go:

https://n3rdlab.com/downloads/sheeter/

Message 17 of 63
iUser2k13

connection to sheet works, but problems to export STL files. 

fusion.png

Message 18 of 63
prainsberry
in reply to: iUser2k13

Are you able to manually export an stl of that Fusion design?

Patrick Rainsberry
Message 19 of 63
Anonymous

Hi folks,

Hope everyone is doing well. I recently downloaded the sheeter add in and followed all steps to integrate it with Fusion, which I believe I did correctly. Yet, when I try to sinc with the google sheets, I get the error in the attached picture...

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 20 of 63
Anonymous

Nevermind! I just restarted Fusion and now it is working!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report