Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to assign a script or add-in a hotkey?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
chris.monachanZWSCF
527 Views, 2 Replies

Is there anyway to assign a script or add-in a hotkey?

I'm developing a few scripts and add-ins for Fusion at the moment, and during development I have to launch them, test, then rebuild and then relaunch them. 

I can't seem to see anyway to assign a hotkey to avoid me having to go to press SHIFT+S each time to go to the add-in menu and find and then run my add-in. It would be great if I could just assign a short cut key directly.

Related, if my add-in is a run at startup add-in and it adds a button to an existing panel, is there anyway for me to assign a hotkey for that button? I can click on the 3 dots for native buttons but not for add-in buttons it seems. It would be good to be able to do that, perhaps when adding the button programatically?

Labels (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @chris.monachanZWSCF .

I had never been there, so I gave it a try.

I was able to register the add-in as a shoot-cut key (hotkey).

1.png

"Run on Startup" was checked, and it worked even after restarting Fusion360.

I remember that I could not click the 3 dots button when I did not specify the resourceFolder in the addButtonDefinition method.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-04eb6198-72cd-4430-a6a4-8d68a1105b8e 

Message 3 of 3

Ah that is fantastic! Thank you very much. I wasn't including a resource folder so it wasn't coming up. Thanks very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report