Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to run scripts/plugins in F360 headless?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
marcosscriven
777 Views, 3 Replies

Is there a way to run scripts/plugins in F360 headless?

I'd like to be able to run a script against F360 in a headless manner (so I can script it on a server without a monitor) - is that possible?

Is there some alternative software (Solidworks?) that can do this with F360 models?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PinRudolf
in reply to: marcosscriven

I don't think this is available for Fusion 360 (yet).

There is no other CAD software which can control Fusion 360 models! There are however tons of programs which can run the geometry model that Fusion 360 uses, maybe that is enough for your case? Two options that come to mind are AutoCAD and Inventor which can both run headless.

In the future Autodesk might add Fusion 360 support to Forge Design Automation. Fusion's 'Big Brother' is already there: Autodesk Inventor. I feel like this might be more likely than Autodesk creating a headless version of the tool.

If you are not too deeply invested in Fusion 360 and you really need this functionality than Inventor is a good choice. It is very similar to Fusion 360, including it's API.

As for your reference to SolidWorks, Inventor is it's closest competitor but it is created by Autodesk just like Fusion. This generally allows for better compatibility.

Message 3 of 4

Thank you for taking the time to answer, and sorry for the really slow response.

Those options do indeed sound like what I need - so long as they can 'run' Fusion 360 geometry as a server process, it doesn't have to be Fusion 360 software.

Message 4 of 4
marcosscriven
in reply to: PinRudolf

<deleting - duplicate>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report