Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically_Select_Faces_For_Drilling_Ops

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
echatzief
288 Views, 2 Replies

Automatically_Select_Faces_For_Drilling_Ops

Hello, I am reading a step file containing a body (s) in fusion 360 env.

The body contains of multiple holes, where the main operation of my interest is drilling.

I have a script by which I am able to iterate through the holes, finding their diamtere, radius, coords, etc.

Now I want to go ahead with a simulation in the program, by which I can extract the post processor code, though in my Setup, the drilling operation is not capable without selecting the holes (faces) on the body.

NOW I WANT TO BE ABLE TO AUTOMATICALLY SELECT THOSE HOLES (FACES), WITHOUT THE INTERRUPTION OF THE USER.

Please, be kind to inform me if this is possible or not.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianEkins
in reply to: echatzief

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible using the API. The current CAM API is incomplete. Hopefully, this functionality will be available soon.

However, you might want to look at the machining extension for Fusion. This provides access to several enhanced capabilities for machining. One of these is hole recognition and here's a video that demonstrates how to use it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 3
echatzief
in reply to: echatzief

Hello @kandennti !

I have tried to create a setup via the api, though because of the text commands used, I am not able to save my file.

Could you please give me a hand here, and update me if the same happens to you?
Thank you in advance!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report