Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on "Improve your experience" page

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
adelahayeQMSPQ
578 Views, 17 Replies

Stuck on "Improve your experience" page

Hello, I made the update, and I'm stuck on the "Improve your experience" page see attachment. There is no way to validate and continue further to use the software. Thank you for your help.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

@adelahayeQMSPQ Thank you for reporting and we are looking into this. Seems to be when the language is changed, we are encountering this. Does hitting enter accept the terms on this page? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 18

Hi Rajkumar.
I reported the same problem here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/can-t-open-fusion-on-mac-studio-m1/td-p/11723814

All people with this problem are using French version.
Message 4 of 18

To answer your question. Hitting enter doesn't accept the terms on this page.
Message 5 of 18

Same here!

Message 6 of 18

@studio863NE @adelahayeQMSPQ @xavFDVLB We are working to address this ASAP. We do believe there is a workaround that can get you past this. 

Can you please go into your monitor's display setting and set it to the highest resolution and then launch Fusion? If this does not work then there is one more thing we can try (that I am currently testing) and will post here. 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 7 of 18

Tested with my 4k screen (set to 3840x2160). It doesn't work.
Message 8 of 18

@xavFDVLB @adelahayeQMSPQ @studio863NE 

If screen resolution is not working (looks like it is not) here is the other option that should do it. 

Here is a workaround that will get you moving forward:

Windows:

1. Close Fusion 360

2. Go to C:\Users\YOUR USER ID\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Neutron Platform\Options

3.Look for the file NMachineSpecificOptions.xml
4. Edit this file

5.Look for the key - <userLanguageOptionId ToolTip="The language used to present the UI." UserName="User language" Value="fr-FR"/>
6. Change fr-FR (or any other language you see here to en-US
7. Now launch Fusion 360

8.It will launch in English

9.Accept the Ui terms etc

10. Once this is done you can go in to preferences and set the language back to your preferred language

Mac:

1. Close Fusion 360

2.Go to /Users/kumYOUR USER ID/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Neutron Platform

3.Look for the file NMachineSpecificOptions.xml
4. Edit this file

5.Look for the key - <userLanguageOptionId ToolTip="The language used to present the UI." UserName="User language" Value="fr-FR"/>
6. Change fr-FR (or any other language you see here to en-US
7. Now launch Fusion 360

8.It will launch in English

9.Accept the Ui terms etc

10.Once this is done you can go in to preferences and set the language back to your preferred language

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 9 of 18

Thanks for the quick reply.

Some of us are on Mac computers unfortunately.

Message 10 of 18

I'm on a Mac. I found the file under library/application support/autodesk/neutron platform but didn't find the key <userLanguageOptionId ToolTip="The language used to present the UI." UserName="User language" Value="fr-FR"/>
Message 11 of 18

I updated the above post with the Mac locations too.

@xavFDVLB I am surprised that you cannot find this option but if you are not seeing it, here is what to do.

Add this 

<userLanguageOptionId ToolTip="The language used to present the UI." UserName="User language" Value="en-US"/> to the </BootstrapOptionsGroup>

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 12 of 18

All good!

Thanks

Message 13 of 18

Thanks a lot. After adding this line it's ok.
Message 14 of 18
xavFDVLB
in reply to: xavFDVLB

And after launching one time in English and accept the terms, reverting to fr-FR works as well.

So everything is perfect.

Message 15 of 18

Adding my 2 cents : on my Mac (Mac mini M1 on Ventura) NMachineSpecificOptions.xml is under 

/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Neutron Platform/Options

Message 16 of 18
basile1
in reply to: adelahayeQMSPQ

I'm having the same problem here but impossible to find the file "Neutron Platform" on mac. It also doesn't work with the screen resolution... (Fusion in french also).. HELP

Message 17 of 18

@basile1 Can you post an image of your path? 

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 18 of 18

for going to wich file ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report