Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Origins visible in shaded view drawing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
brad.davis
582 Views, 10 Replies

Origins visible in shaded view drawing

When I add a shaded view base view in Drawings, all the joints in the design also show in the image. Why, and is there anyway of disabling this?

Labels (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
g-andresen
in reply to: brad.davis

Hi,

I can confirm this.

Even deactivating it in design mode does not change anything.

Perhaps @jeff_strater  or @Phil.E  can say something about it?

günther

Message 3 of 11
ClintBrown3D

Hi @brad.davis 

I'm unable to reproduce this issue on my system. See GIF below, I have a Model with the origins turned on. I create a new drawing add a shaded base view, everything works as expected.

2021-03-09_17h07_11.gif

Some questions:

• Are you running Windows or a Mac build?
  • Does the same behaviour happen if you insert a second shaded isometric base view?
  • If you toggle the view from "shaded" to "hidden line removed", and then back again, do the origins disappear?
  • Can you share a screencast showing the steps you take to create a view like this?
  • Are you able to share the drawing file (full dataset F3d)?

Message 4 of 11
brad.davis
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

Hi @ClintBrown3D,

Thanks for looking into this. Apologies for not being clearer in my initial post, it is the Joint Origins that are persistently showing, in both the Shaded and Shaded with Hidden Edges views. It seems in your gif that you do not have any joint origins (unless they are in the linked components?).

Unfortunately I am not able to share my current design, however I have made a test file and drawing (attached) and shared a screencast.

https://autode.sk/3cmt0gw

(I get a HTML error when trying to embed this)

• Are you running Windows or a Mac build? Win 10 Build 2.0.9849
  • Does the same behaviour happen if you insert a second shaded isometric base view? YES
  • If you toggle the view from "shaded" to "hidden line removed", and then back again, do the origins disappear? NO
Message 5 of 11
ClintBrown3D

Thank you for sharing this, I can confirm that I see the same issue on my system. I've asked our team internally to have a look into this, as soon as we know more, we'll update this forum post.

Message 6 of 11
ClintBrown3D

Hi @brad.davis 

Just an update on this issue. It has been logged internally as a bug. The team is working on a fix. We anticipate that this will be fixed in an upcoming build.

Message 7 of 11
brad.davis

Excellent, thanks @ClintBrown3D 

Message 8 of 11
thebrown.ml

@ClintBrown3D  Any news on this bug?

I also have a cut in my shaded view. Is it in the same bug?Joint origin and shaded cut.jpg

Message 9 of 11

Hi @thebrown.ml ,

The truncated shaded view issue looks different from the previously reported (origins visible) issue.

[Small update on the old issue - the fix is available with internal builds, you should get it in the upcoming build as stated by clint.]

About the new issue, can you please share the relevant data?

A couple of questions inline with shaded view truncation;

- do you see this issue with all your drawings or is it data specific?

- do you have the latest graphics drivers for your system?

- have you made some changes in Graphics Drivers in Fusion Preferences settings?

This sort of information will help to replicate the issue with the latest internal build and it will help to address the issue on priority.

Thanks & regards

Amit Suryawanshi

SQA Fusion 360

Amit Suryawanshi
SQA Fusion 360
Message 10 of 11
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: thebrown.ml

Hi @thebrown.ml 

These appear to be 2 different issues, I have asked the dev team to investigate.

Would you mind sharing your dataset as an F3Z with us? If it is sensitive and cannot be uploaded here, you could send it to me directly Clint. Brown {a} Autodesk.com

Message 11 of 11

@amit_suryawanshi_fus 

I just updated my graphic driver and the truncated shaded view has disappear.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report