Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metric volume units missing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Duncan_LHS
732 Views, 6 Replies

Metric volume units missing

Where are the metric volume units in user parameters? I'm looking for mm3, cm3, and m3.

2020-06-28_14h32_52.png

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
g-andresen
in reply to: Duncan_LHS

Hi,

1 l = 10^6 mm3

günther

Message 3 of 7
Duncan_LHS
in reply to: g-andresen

I'm aware of the conversion but litres isn't always useful when working with lengths of objects. It's like only including gallons and to work out pints you divide by 8, but both imperial units are listed. Or, likewise, only including m as a unit of length.

The addition of cubic units would be much better and saves possible user errors in conversion.

The same applies to several of the categories for user parameters. For instance there are no metric units for area?

Message 4 of 7
g-andresen

Hi,

@Duncan_LHS wrote:

The addition of cubic units would be much better and saves possible user errors in conversion.

I'm with you 100%.
Maybe @jeff_strater  or @Phil.E  ...  explain that it will be in one of the next updates.

günther

Message 5 of 7
Phil.E
in reply to: g-andresen

There is no plan that I know of to add automatic conversion for length units to cubic units. As explained in this post, using notation you can create volumetric parameters using length units today.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
Duncan_LHS
in reply to: Phil.E

@Phil.E OK, what about a metric unit of Area? That seems like quite a big omission.

Message 7 of 7
Phil.E

What units are you referring to exactly?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report