Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Projects in Fusion Teams

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1214 Views, 7 Replies

Lost Projects in Fusion Teams

After switching to a fusion team account as recommended in the last product notes, I have lost all projects that I either created or was shared on. When I started fusion today, I was prompted with a switch to fusion team with no option to deny. After switching, I lost all of the projects I was working on, including projects I created. When I was invited back to the projects, I was not in the list of people, however there was an error saying that I was already a part of the project, and when removed, there was an error with adding me back. I don't have access when I switch teams to my normal account either.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
prichas
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Riley,

In a nutshell, we have created a little bit of confusion around transferring your personal hub projects to Fusion Team.  Our goal is to have everyone be in a single collaborative environment and not two.

Something new to everyone is the Fusion Team switcher.  So, after you transfer the projects to Fusion Team and open Fusion 360, chances are that you are still in your personal area.  This makes it appear that all of your projects are now gone.  Switching to your new Fusion Team will give you access to the transferred projects.

Click HERE for our Fusion Team FAQs

The very first FAQ discusses the Fusion Team Switcher.  I would try this first.

Message 3 of 8
gasevsm
in reply to: prichas

Hi Riley,

Apologies for our tardiness in responding to your inquiry.  As my colleague Shayne replied, kindly use the Team switcher to access your new Team and the projects transferred within; available under your profile both in Fusion 360 desktop and Fusion Team web.

FWIW, in a progressive iterative release manner we opted to release two things thus far:

1. New users that download and install Fusion 360 for first time are currently taken through a Team onboarding path; they either join existing company Team if available or create a new Team.

2. For existing users such as your case, we offered the web transfer tool to allow majority of in-demand accounts to consolidate multiple personal hubs to a Team. What we consciously knew is that leap of customers having more than one environment for the time being while they are moving projects over.  This is a good feedback and we will incorporate with other commentaries of how to make this experience better. 

Next on our runway is releasing an in-product Fusion 360 increment to further ease the Team onboarding and transfer for existing users.  Namely, when users do end up in navigating to [non-empty] personal hub whether by launching Fusion 360 after a long while, or switching to it via the hub switcher, we will remind them to take the opportunity and move to Team environment.  In addition, soon as a project is transferred from personal hub to Team from in-product, we are making Team the default data environment to ensure you land on the transferred projects right away.  You can always use your discretion to switch to the Personal hub and transfer more or preferably all of the projects in the meantime.

Hope this little insight into what's coming helps clarify our motivation and direction.

Kind regards,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: gasevsm

Hi Martin, I had a similar problem when switching over to a Fusion team, and after trying switching to the actual team, not my own personal "team" (which was the issue with many of my classmates) my files are still nowhere to be found. I have found my files in my Fusion 360 team no problem on my mobile app on my iPad, and I've even uninstalled and reinstalled my PC desktop app in an attempt to get it to update, and still no file access. I can find them on the web, but I'd like for it to update before I go through and download each file individually. 

Please advise, thank you. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: prichas

I was reluctant to switch to Fusion Teams but it kept prompted me to do so, so I gave in.  When I did this it prompted me to select which projects I wanted to move to teams so I only selected to create one blank project.  Now, all my other projects that I own I cannot find them.

I followed the FAQ, but when I click under my name in Fusion, I DO NOT have an option for Fusion 360 Switcher, I only have the following options: Autodesk Account, Preferences and My Profile.  I need my projects back and I need them back NOW!  Please help!

Message 6 of 8
EgC5EXL
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, we moved the cheese a little bit on you.  Sorry about that.  We recently moved the Fusion Team switcher to the Data Panel based on feedback from our customers.  Makes more sense now that it is located where your data is.

So, I have updated the Fusion Team FAQs to reflect the change and added a link to the What's New post that talks about this recent change.

Team Switcher.gif

Message 7 of 8
Jacques_Bayman
in reply to: EgC5EXL

Hi

Yesterday I joined a team with my student account after accepting the invite. I had a few projects I've created before the University invited me to their Team, and now they are all gone and seems to be non-existing. There is no option to change to my own account either.

In the Team folder, I cannot create a new folder or start my own "private team" (I think that was what it was called.) This is all I currently see. (Screenshot below) I was in my own folder looking at a component I wanted to share with the team. As I was unable to see the Covid-19 team at that stage, I restarted Fusion 360 and now I can see the Covid-19 team, (as I hoped for) but my Private projects is gone and does not seem to exist. Please help.

N90285750_0-1587701101901.png

Message 8 of 8

In reply to my previous post, I have changed my email address back to the one I signed up with. What has happened, is that the university gave me an username in the form of an email address in this form "N1234567@university.edu." I used that one to sign up for the Fusion student account. It turned out, they also gave a us an email address that use our names and not the number in front. The latter email address was used invite us to teams. So I simply changed my email address on my profile. This worked, even though I was unable to see the Team folder in Fusion 360. This morning, after looking at one of my designs to make changes, I restarted with the hope of seeing the Covid-19 Team. This is where it all went south for me. I have read a comment somewhere that a student had similiar issues after he left schools and his email account was changed to his own, in stead of the school. I solved for the time being to change back to the original email address and now can see my files, but obviously unable to access the Covid-19 team.

I am sure this is unintended when a user changes his email address. I would like to in future change to my private email in any case as the course I am doing is only a few weeks. How will I proceed to fix this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report