Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Joints

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bigonvalue
364 Views, 2 Replies

Gear Joints

Got my gears working using a motion link ok. But I do not seem to be able to manipulate the assembly by clicking and dragging one of the gears. I can move the gears by double clicking the "joint flag"

See: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7ws3d0jhou48d1/Gears.jpg?dl=0

But I don't seem to be able to simply click on the surface of one of the gears and drag to test the rotation motion.

I'm missing something but I'm not sure what.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hamid.sh.
in reply to: bigonvalue

Your components are jointed together but the whole assembly is floating, so when you drag (for which you need to have Select > Component Drag checked) everything gets dragged together. I only applied Ground to the subcomponent of Fix Lid Bracket and then dragging a gear works:

assem.gif

Fixing that component to ground might not be your intention, but the point is you should joint the whole assembly properly for it to work.

A few suggestions: do not Capture Position and apply joints instead. For creating designs work with design history on (it's off in some of your external parts). Also if I wanted to do this I would make those brackets inside this file, to take full advantage of Fusion.

Hamid
Message 3 of 3
bigonvalue
in reply to: bigonvalue

Thanks. Completely overlook this step. And thanks for your other suggestions.

Kind regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report