Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing: Dimensions between centers of arcs

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fsonnichsen
164 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing: Dimensions between centers of arcs

I have two closely spaced arcs (see drawing/pdf) and I want to label the distance between centers. I can display the distance of the edges---17mm in this case---but I cannot distance the centers. The dimension tool implies that this can be done but I cannot seem to click on the centers.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Fritz

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: fsonnichsen

Hi @fsonnichsen 

Please can you share the drawing with us to have a look at? Have you tried using object snaps (right click >Center), or trying to place centre marks on the arcs?

ClintBrown3D_0-1648560503926.png

Message 3 of 5
hamid.sh.

I used your design file from here, edited it to match the above visually (i.e. sweeps not ending at the same point) and made this drawing:

drawing.png

Works OK for me, didn't have any problem snapping dimension tool to centers. Note that it appears while you hover the mouse pointer on circles' edge.

Hamid
Message 4 of 5
ClintBrown3D
in reply to: ClintBrown3D

Hi @fsonnichsen 

As @hamid.sh. says you should be able to dimension that geometry with no problem.

If you are having trouble, try the snaps that I mentioned above, this should help.

2022-03-29_15h19_04.gif

Message 5 of 5
fsonnichsen

Sorry-I was away for a bit --thanks both of you-- It is working now. Here are some comments

1) Normally I  EXPORT an f3d for designs . I sent the PDF for the drawing because I don't see a way to export it.

2) At first the dimension did not work so I was using the "Linear dimension" and the "radius" neither which seemed to work. Going back to the regular "dimension" command it works now--just a bit finicky in this case.

cheers

Fritz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report