Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNTEC postprocessor for Fusion 360

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
lemonadecat
3803 Views, 16 Replies

SYNTEC postprocessor for Fusion 360

Any idea how to get SYNTEC 6MD postprocessor for FUSION 360? I know that some companies could make it special for me, but that is too expensive. In one forum post I noticed that Fanuc postprocessor is pretty similar to Syntec 900 (??) one, but not sure if Syntec 6MD is similar too. Is it really that easy to make that postprocessor and everything will work?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Is this a mill or a lathe?

Hacking up the Fanuc post can sometimes be quite easy, depending on what you need done.

My advice? Take proven code that you have run on your machine and compare the format to what is output by the generic Fanuc post. Placement of M codes is somewhat irrelevant, but the G code placement could effect results, Also of note is the toolchange formatting as well as the zero return functions. How the 6MD handles arcs, cutter comp, tool offsets is also a consideration.

If you post up what your code NEEDS to be, we might be able to better advise you

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 17

Machine is mill. And machine is pretty new. Nothing is made with it yet because we have no correct postprocessor, so we have no proven code. CNC is 4 axis but 4th axis is turning to 90 degrees on two sides. I hope that I wrote it correctly.

Message 4 of 17

Hi,

i have made some changes on Fanuc post processor for my syntec 21MA, and it's been working just fine,

just disable "use sequence numbers" before you post your code.

Message 5 of 17
michel
in reply to: kouar.mohammed

Hi .. I have a CNC with a Syntec 6MD controller .. I have been working with the Fusion 360 post processor for days but I still have several problems .. the CNC is 4 axes with spindle + - 90 degrees ..

If someone achieved good results, I would appreciate it.

Regards!

Message 6 of 17
seth.madore
in reply to: michel

@michel  what issues are you encountering? There is a Fanuc A axis post that might give you a good starting point.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 7 of 17
michel
in reply to: seth.madore

Hi Seth, thanks for your answer ..

Yes, that's what I started with ... FANUC and FANUC with axis A ..

I made the changes that correspond to the Syntec commands ... like for example. G20 / 21 for G70 / 71 ... and several modifications more ...

I try to perform a simple process like making 3 holes in a cube ... upper perforation, right and left ... but I can not get it to behave correctly ...

It is a CNC router with 4 axes ... and according to what I understood ... the fourth axis would be the B axis, since it rotates + - 90 degrees on the axis of the Y ... correct me if I am not in the true. .

This was also modified in the post-processor code and now I can rotate this axis according to the design ... but the coordinates are not as expected.

I appreciate your collaborations ..

Message 8 of 17
seth.madore

Can you share your Fusion file here so I can see your setups, as well as your post processor?

File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Or, just put both the file and the post processor into a .zip file and attach that

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 17
michel

Yeah sure ..

Thank you !

Message 10 of 17
michel

With this second test I have achieved many better results (although I still have doubts about whether it is the correct method).

What is missing here is to compensate the distance of rotation from the center of rotation of the shaft so that when it is positioned for lateral drilling, it is at the correct distance.

It is not calculating the displacement of the rotation of the head ... and I do not know where I should load that parameter ... either in the CAM, in the post-processor or in the Syntec controller ...

Message 11 of 17
seth.madore

Describe the kinematics of the machine. Standard 3 axis with a rotary unit for part indexing? Your description leads me to think you may have a rotating head; is that the case?

A photo of the machine would be VERY helpful

Seth Madore
Message 12 of 17
michel

It is correct .. it is a cnc with rotation of the spindle, the center of rotation is on the Y axis .. that is that it rotates parallel to the X axis ..

It can rotate 180 degrees .. +90 -90 ..

fWBm7ERdRpizVAtLCVOkGw_thumb_61e.jpg

Message 13 of 17
michel

Hello Seth .. After a long weekend of reading and many tests ..

I see that maybe my problem is in TCP programming in the postprocessor ... in some publications about this I have seen some information ... but I can not make it work ...

Have you seen any of this?

Thanks again ..

Message 14 of 17

Hi Kouar,

Thanks for the Syntec 21MA POST. We are about to take delivery of a Syntec 21MA controlled CNC so we would like to use your POST. Do you mind detailing what you changed from the generic Fanac POST to make it suitable? It would also be really helpful to understand what you have tested and running safely e.g. basic 3 axis G code would be a given. Tool changer? 4th Axis? Auto tool height registration? Any more sophisticated functionality?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers Pete 

Message 15 of 17
hasan.alarmalih

Dear Michel, 

hope you are well, I have seen your conversation, and your problem it looks same my with the same machine and same controller, I wanted to ask you if you fond a solve?

if yes can you share your post-processor withe me? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks 

Message 16 of 17
cheewantok

Hi Michel,

Have you got your post to work? I'm currently having a new machine with the same issue as well without a post processing.

Hope you can shed some light for me.

Have you gotten your machine to work as intended?

Message 17 of 17
KrupalVala
in reply to: lemonadecat

Hi Everyone,

We have a SYNTEC control Post Processor. This post has not been released yet but it is available in the beta version. You can download it from here.

Before trial on Machine, please test the codes carefully

Thanks,

Krupal Vala
Senior Technology Consultant - Post Processor & Machine Simulation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report