Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotary Toolpath 4 axis orientation not matching setup WCS

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
cody
711 Views, 9 Replies

Rotary Toolpath 4 axis orientation not matching setup WCS

Hello,

I am using the 4th axis rotary path and cannot get the x axis pointing in the same direction as my setup wcs. Is there a way to flip x direction like in tool orientation on indexing paths? or does this not matter on this path? I've attached 

2 screenshots to show the difference. I have tried all combinations of drop down menus.

Thanks,

Cody CRotary PathRotary Pathsetup wcssetup wcs

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
seth.madore
in reply to: cody

Can you share your file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder. Return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 10
seth.madore

Setting it to this:

2020-12-30_14h39_35.png

Gets me this:

2020-12-30_14h39_54.png

Which just so happens to be aligned with my X axis as well.

Seth Madore
Message 4 of 10
cody
in reply to: seth.madore

Seth,

I will break just this part into its own file and then I can share it. Just cannot share whole assembly. I posted 

it out just to see if it even matters. Yours does look correct. Give me a few minutes and I will share a file.

Thanks,

Cody C

Message 5 of 10
cody

Seth,

Here is the file. I made 2 paths. 1 with your inputs and 1 with my preferred method. I posted it out and it 

did run correctly in the air. went left to right, my rotary is on the right side of table. I would of thought that 

the orientations had to match, but appears the post just uses wcs.  in the meantime I will post with your

method to see if it runs in that manner.

Thanks,

Cody C

Message 6 of 10
cody

Seth,

I ran both paths and they both run correctly. Yours is just 180 degrees different start/finish just like in fusion.

My post must only look at the actual setup as far as rotary axis direction is concerned. It is just weird seeing 

the direction opposite while programming especially when you have indexing toolpaths as well that show correctly.

Not sure if it will cause problems for other posts, but mine seems ok. 

Thanks,

Cody C

Message 7 of 10
seth.madore

Good to hear! Yeah, I suspected that it was going to post just fine, but it's good to hear some confirmation on that.

Seth Madore
Message 8 of 10
gurleyman123

Why is this? I just wasted an hour at work trying to make the x axis flip around in the rotary tool path in fusion. Any user should be able to confirm/alter direction of x axis as an option in the rotary tool settings. What is fusion trying to graphically display (show me) by having the x-axis backwards in cam but actually cut in opposite direction? I think this may be a bug that still exists since 12-30-2020. one picture attached is 3d adaptive with correct orientation, and the other is rotary tool( that is displaying the wrong orientation) that is still cutting the the correct orientation.  

Message 9 of 10
rytullri
in reply to: gurleyman123

The same exact issue is happening to me my model setup is fine, with no issues however the second I try to make a rotary cut my x and y-axis are inverted and there is no possible way to fix them. Honestly really annoying and really needs to be fixed. This is when trying to make a cam for a pocket nc

Message 10 of 10
guillaumeadam
in reply to: rytullri

Hello,

I have the same issue, did you find a solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report