Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post processor for CNC Masters Supra Mill

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
garry.rutland
2836 Views, 15 Replies

Post processor for CNC Masters Supra Mill

I am having trouble finding a post processor that works well for my CNC Masters Supra Mill Mill running MX Master software. Is there any intention to provide a post processor for this mill? Is there an existing option that will work well? I have tried generic Fanuc and that generated a number of G codes and blank lines that are not compatible. 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: garry.rutland

Did you look here?

http://cam.autodesk.com/posts/

Message 3 of 16
garry.rutland
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi CamMan

Thank you for your help. I am very new to this. I see the list that you have tagged. I see a Fanuc post processor. I don't see any Master MX Supra listed. How do I access this list from Fusion 360? I only see the processors listed in the dropdown from within Fusion 360.

Garry

Message 4 of 16
garry.rutland

Hi CamMan

I am able to use Fanuc as long as I remove the unsupported G-codes which is not too time consuming or difficult. Would be great if Autodesk wrote a specific MasterMX/CNC Masters Supra post processor. Thank you for your help.

Garry

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

How Gary.

How would I go about removing the unsupported G-Code files?

Could you provide your edited fanuc post please?

Thanks,

Lewis

Message 6 of 16
garry.rutland

Hi Lewis

Sorry for the slow reply. I have been away.

When I was using the Fanuc PP I was then simulating the machining process using the DRAW function in MasterMX. This identified the unsupported codes which I then removed. This however was not successful as in almost all cases the edited file would not run without errors.

I then came across a PP that was written for CNC Masters and once I worked out how to access and use it I have not had to edit files and they run perfectly.

I have asked Autodesk to make the CNC Masters PP more readily available but to date have not had a response.

Garry
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

Hi Gary,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't suppose you could post a link to the PP for CNC Masters that you found?

I have one PP that works pretty well with only a few errors but I'm trying to find a better one that supports the MasterMX software's rigid tapping cycle. See my current PP here: link

I'm also looking for pointers on how to edit the PP myself.

Thanks,

Lewis

Message 8 of 16
garry.rutland

Hi Lewis

The one that I am using that is working well for me is attached to about the third post down from (skidsolo?) on the thread below.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/editing-customizing-post-processor/td-p/5681...

There red is also a lot of other good info on generating and editing post processors. Hope this is some help. 

Garry

Message 9 of 16
garry.rutland

I just looked at your link. It looks like you are already using the same one. I have contacted the author of this pp to enquirer if he will finish it and place it on the list of standard pp in f360. 

Message 10 of 16

Hi Gary,

I'm in the same situation, trying to go from Inventor HSM to CNC Jr. which is controlled by Master MX.      Any chance you could send that nice post processor on over to me?   I'm just getting in to all this, barely understand it.

Thanks,

John Thompson

Fairfield, CT

Message 11 of 16

Hi John

The one that I am using that is working well for me is attached to about the third post down from (skidsolo?) on the thread below.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-post-processor-forum/editing-customizing-post-processor/td-p/5681...

There red is also a lot of other good info on generating and editing post processors. Hope this is some help. 

Garry

Message 12 of 16

Garry,

Thank You so much! I did try that PP and it is working! It's not perfect and I still have to alter the resulting .nc file, but I think that's because I left a few things undefined in HSM,

like spindle speed. It always gives me a feed rate that is too high, but so did VisualMill, the CAM software that came with the mill. I'd always wind up with F50 or something like that.

I wish CNC Masters did a better job of teaching how to use their software and their mill. The CNC Jr. is very likely to be purchased by high schools and universities, and

it's teachers who must learn what almost amounts to a second career. VisualMill is so clunky that it makes learning it all much harder. The few tutorials they provide are

so disparate that you learn almost nothing.

Someone somewhere has probably tweaked CNC_master_MasterUX+M3x.cps to work even better, so lets keep our eyes peeled. The ability to use Inventor HSM is a win-

I can have every student using CAM right at their desks, rather than one at a time using VisualMill at our dedicated mill computer. HSM is light-years better organized and easier to learn

and there are far better YouTube vids out there that teach how to use it.

Message 13 of 16

Sorry for the slow reply.

Yes I am learning a completely new skill later in life to be able to do some fancy machining in my wood working business. I have loved learning F360 after using a couple of inferior 2D packages.

There is an Autodesk employee who asked me a couple of questions a few months ago and I got the impression then that he was going to tweak the Supra post processor. I live in waiting.

If you set the spindle speed and feed when you set up your tools that may overcome your having to make changes.

Cheers

Garry

Message 14 of 16
Eatonasher

Hi CamMan,

I'm looking to connect with the software development team to have a stable working pp for cncmasters products. How would you suggest I go about doing that? I don't mind getting the info needed to modify an existing script/package to something that works for their software, but I thought you might be able to advise whether I should start a new thread or try to contact them directly? Maybe even try to reach them on social media? What do you think?

Thank you!

Eaton

Message 15 of 16
indianmcycle
in reply to: Eatonasher

I see this post is 3 years old but is there a solution for a post processor for CNC Masters MasterXU control software? 

Message 16 of 16
Eatonasher
in reply to: indianmcycle

I've attached the version sent to me by the manufacturer a few years ago. It was developed by one of their customers if I remember correctly! Use with caution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report