Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Machine configuration post problem, latest update.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
HughesTooling
989 Views, 13 Replies

Machine configuration post problem, latest update.

I find the machine configurations quite useful as I need to post to several different machines. Occasionally I override the post on the post dialog, for example the setup is for my Anilam but I want to quickly chamfer holes on the back of the plate with my 2 axis Eztak. In the past the next time I post an op from this setup it used the machine from the setup (The Anilam) but after the last update it uses the eztrak post. I much prefer the way it worked before.

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Now notice this is worse than I thought, the post from the selected machine configuration in the setup is not used at all. The last used post is used every time you post process, makes the settings in the machine configurations and even using the machine configurations pretty pointless now.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
engineguy
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HughesTooling 

Mark

You are absolutely right, it is now pretty dreadful, after reading you post I went way back and tried opening files from 2018 and no matter what file I tried to use when trying to Post Code every single file used the last PP used on the last job.

This is an absolute nightmare, as you rightly point out there is now no point whatsoever in having the Machine Configuration!!

This needs fixing right away, dreading the thought of going through hundreds of files to reset PPs, hope that doesn`t happen 😞 😞

Rob

Message 4 of 14

Hi Both,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will work on a fix ASAP. We plan on:

• If a machine with a post is selected, default the post dialog to the post in that machine
  • If no machine is selected, default to the last used post processor

Does that make sounds OK?

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 5 of 14

As far as I know that was the behavior before, so yes- Please do it that way 🙂

Message 6 of 14

@GeorgeRoberts wrote:

Hi Both,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will work on a fix ASAP. We plan on:

• If a machine with a post is selected, default the post dialog to the post in that machine
  • If no machine is selected, default to the last used post processor

Does that make sounds OK?

@GeorgeRoberts  That sounds good and I think that's how it worked before. Working with 4 different machines today and really miss the old behaviour.

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
vworpi
in reply to: HughesTooling

I'm surprised this wasn't fixed in this weeks update.

Message 8 of 14
nick_p3dcreations
in reply to: vworpi

I was hopeful that it would be. I've accidentally used the wrong post a handful of times because I'm used to the previous behavior, with the post being inherited from the machine configuration.

Message 9 of 14

I can only apologize for the delay in fixing this. A hotfix has just been released that should resolve this issue.

Please can you confirm it works as expected with the latest hotfix?

-

George Roberts

Manufacturing Product manager
If you'd like to provide feedback and discuss how you would like things to be in the future, Email Me and we can arrange a virtual meeting!
Message 10 of 14
engineguy
in reply to: GeorgeRoberts

@GeorgeRoberts 

Thanks George

Yep, that seems to be OK, here is what I have :-

If no Machine Configuration used the Default is the last Processor used.

If Machine Configuration is used the the Post Processor used is the one set in the Machine Configuration under the Post Processing Tab. 🙂 🙂

Regards

Rob

Message 11 of 14

It seems to be working for me as well. Thank you!

Message 12 of 14
vworpi
in reply to: nick_p3dcreations

Yep, working here as well.

I'm liking the new machine configuration layout, I'm not liking the list description being VENDOR - MODEL. Most of the posts we use are by myself, so I now have a big long list of vworps. I've gotten around it by renaming all my vendors to what my previous descriptions were, now I get MC1, MC2, MC3 etc

Message 13 of 14
vworpi

Not sure if this is a new or related bug:-

I've created a new machine by copying and renaming a working config, only change made is to set the post processor to another. When I go the post process action, the post processor is blank and has to be manually selected. 

Behavior can be reproduced when creating a new machine config from scratch.

So, current status is that new machine configs aren't passing the post processor to the post process action window.

Message 14 of 14
rhdfmail

I noticed the same problem yesterday.. again
Posted about it  here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/fusion-quot-looses-quot-postprocessor-between-post...
But now I realize that its not the postprocessor-selection that is gone missing, but rather the whole machineconfig since it totally ignores the settings  in that

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report