Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove unecessary moves in 3d Adaptive

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bgpoythress
340 Views, 5 Replies

How to remove unecessary moves in 3d Adaptive

My 3d Adaptive toolpath is creating a ton of unnecessary moves along a vertical wall.  See attached image.  I tried to adjust the rest machining parameters to make them go away but it does not help.  Basically after making each full depth cut, it moves up and makes hundreds of unnecessary "whisper cuts" around the OD.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
alexhardie
in reply to: bgpoythress

There's a new preview function to minimize air cutting with 3D adaptive.  I haven't tried it yet, but could be helpful.  

Message 3 of 6
seth.madore

Tolerance and Stock To Leave often play a big role in solving this annoying issue, called "whisper cuts". Can you share your Fusion file?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 4 of 6
ce20323

I have also encountered this problem. In one case the problem seemed to be cause by feature sharing the same wall in places (see pictures attached). I managed to fix the problem by moving the slot from the edge of the pocket. In this case this was fine for my design. But in another similar case I added a 2D pocket roughing with less stock to leave than the adaptive path which also worked, if a bit annoying.

Message 5 of 6

tightening up the tolerance, as well as enabling some smoothing will get rid of those. It's been on ongoing thing of fusions adaptive not working "super" well with perfect circles. By default it will behave like how you've shown. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 6 of 6
ce20323
in reply to: programming2C78B

Thanks, this has worked well!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report