Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with inside corner fillet set up

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
patt.t.klein
2123 Views, 5 Replies

Help with inside corner fillet set up

Hi all, 

I am relatively new to Autodesk, and have a question about setting up cam with Fillets. 

I am currently trying to mill this shape below as a test, and I can easily cut the slots on the CNC, but I am having trouble setting it up to also include the fillets on the inside of the box. I am using 3D Adaptive clearing as I can't seem to get 3D pocket clear to work. 

I would love some help on how to set it up in autodesk! 

Thanks!!

Unfortunately I only currently have a square end mill at the moment untill my new bits arrive (ball ends). 

Here is a screenshot of how it looks. 

FILLET.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Are you trying to #D mill the fillets at the tops of the pockets? A corner round tool will do a lot better of a job for that.

If you live in the goold 'ol U.S of A, Harvey Tool has an awesome selection for not a lot of money.

Or are there fillets in the bottom of the pocket that we can't see? If you don't mind exporting an .f3d and sharing it here, we would be able to give you some practical explanations about your options, using your model as a guide

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 6

Trying to mill the fillets at the top of the pocket. 

This is just a sample box i made to try learn more about the cam settings.  
Might need to have a look at a corner round tool then. 

I can upload it when I get home from work. 

Message 4 of 6
Steinwerks
in reply to: patt.t.klein

You can surface the fillets pretty easily too, especially if you don't foresee using corner rounders very often as they come in quite the variety of sizes.

We use a few pretty regularly and also buy Harvey.
Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube
Message 5 of 6
patt.t.klein
in reply to: Steinwerks

I'm in Aus, so buying from Harvey won't be the go. 
Sorry for my basic questiont, but what do you mean by surface the fillets? 

Message 6 of 6
Steinwerks
in reply to: patt.t.klein

Surfacing (or Stitching in some places, although that drives me nuts for a reason of which I am unaware) is machining a 3D feature using multiple axis moves and a tool with a radius (well, you can do it with a sharp corner tool but it's more difficult to get an acceptable result).

Here's an example using Contour and a ball mill:

Contour.JPG

Edit: added .F3D file.

Neal Stein

New to Fusion 360 CAM? Click here for an introduction to 2D Milling, here for 2D Turning.

Find me on:
Instagram and YouTube

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report