Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 2 different G code formats from 2 computers on same toolpath and part?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ea425019
178 Views, 1 Reply

Getting 2 different G code formats from 2 computers on same toolpath and part?

So I have been using the desktop to make the CAM file, then downstairs to laptop to use such file. It works nicely.  Now tonight I tried to build the CAM on the laptop.  It did weird stuff, large circular paths. I notice the file text is quite different (not that I am some expert at Gcode, but see below)  The units are both MM, not a unit error, and the laptop version does not work with my Gcode controller. 

Functional Desktop Windows 10 machine fileFunctional Desktop Windows 10 machine file

non-functional laptop windos 10 machinenon-functional laptop windos 10 machineThis is the simple (mm) unit part being made.This is the simple (mm) unit part being made.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ea425019
in reply to: ea425019

OK, I solved it. The post configuration selection was different on the laptop. I guess my lack of awareness of that selection and the fact that I thought the standards were in the cloud and self updating, led to my oversight.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report