Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G28 G91 Z0. G90 ... suddenly at end of gcode since a couple of updates ago.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rumpelstielz
1179 Views, 4 Replies

G28 G91 Z0. G90 ... suddenly at end of gcode since a couple of updates ago.

hi there,

so i'm using a local customized Mach3 post and i thought that updates don't affect that. But since a while ago (can't remember exactly with which update/fix) i suddenly have this sequence of Gcode inserted at the end between the last Z move and the M30:

G28 G91 Z0.
G90

I checked with my posted gcodes from a couple weeks ago and it does not contain this sequence.

So where does it come from and where's the option to turn it of ?

Where ca

==================================================
GENERAL DISCLAIMER: if there isn't a file attached to my posts then there is a reason for it. wherever i can i will attach a file for troubleshooting.If no file is attached i will always try to explain as clearly as possible with illustrative screenshots. when i have an issue that can only be helped by attaching a file which i cannot share publicly i won't ask about it here.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: rumpelstielz

Are you using machine configurations or NC Programs?

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
rumpelstielz
in reply to: seth.madore

i was not aware that i might be using machine configurations, i only have one machine so i never bothered looking at the machine configs in detail tbh. when i check in the setup dialog i don't have a machine selected but when i go to the machine manager i do have a machine set up there which has a green checkmark. However it is also set up to use my local Mach3 post and i can't find any options in the editor which would generate these codes at the end of each program.

==================================================
GENERAL DISCLAIMER: if there isn't a file attached to my posts then there is a reason for it. wherever i can i will attach a file for troubleshooting.If no file is attached i will always try to explain as clearly as possible with illustrative screenshots. when i have an issue that can only be helped by attaching a file which i cannot share publicly i won't ask about it here.
Message 4 of 5
ovisopa
in reply to: rumpelstielz

I recently started to use other post processor than the Tormach PathPilot one, and on my Mach3 machine the G28 command does very weird things, but in my last test I made today I don't have any issue if I disabled the G28 command in Post Process window, like I wrote in my other topic

In my other topic I had a problem with the G28 command that was before each Tool Change, but when I also seen the G28 command at the end of the program, it seemed quite weird, this is a 2.5 meters Y travel, 1.9meters X travel machine, with the 4th axis along the Y axis, why anyone would want it to move to MACHINE origin when the program is finished I don't understand.

image.png

Message 5 of 5

The latest update (2.0.10806) has started doing similar things to me. First thing it did was change the interface for posting, along with deleting my machine profiles. Any new profile I create now adds G90 after each process, and G28 at the end of a setup. I don't see any way to disable these additions to the code, aside from manually deleting them. It also represents a significant danger - depending on the tool attached, if I miss deleting a G90 in the wrong place, then someone in my workshop could be seriously injured.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report