Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get the milling tool orientated properly

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dr.kaban
176 Views, 2 Replies

Can't get the milling tool orientated properly

Sorry for that beginner type of question. In the model I have 33 small and shallow pockets to be milled. I define WCS in a way that Z axis is orientated vertically and the shadow of the tool is in the right way. But when I try to build a milling work path the tool appears to be oriented horizontally and thus the work path becomes invalid. What I am doing wrong?

The link to the model is following https://a360.co/3nlSQ8c

Screencast attached hereby.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Labels (1)
  • CAM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: dr.kaban

You have numerous problems in your workflow, start in setup by properly defining every field as described in training materials.

As for tool path, you tool is larger diameter than holes, tool cannot get in ......., adoptive is not the right choice for machining small holes, try drilling and contour or bore instead. 

Message 3 of 3
engineguy
in reply to: dr.kaban

@dr.kaban 

There is no toolpath in your file.

Also your tool is showing as 3.175mm diameter and the holes are only 3.0mm diameter so this won`t work.

Try a smaller tool and also try the "2D Circular" toolpath, I tried it here with a 1.5mm cutter and it works OK, see image.

2D Circular Example.jpg

Stay Safe

Regards

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report