Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d Contour with ramp won't generate a toolpath any more since last update

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jz79
223 Views, 8 Replies

2d Contour with ramp won't generate a toolpath any more since last update

Example part attaches is reproducing what I just discovered on parts that worked perfectly fine in December, it has these holes in it - 9.5; 9.6; 9.7; 9.8; 9.9 and 10mm in size, tool is 8mm endmill, Fusion will generate 9.6mm and larger ramp toolpaths, but won't for the 9.5mm hole (and smaller)

I noticed this just now when editing a part I made in December, when the 2d contour toolpath with a 8mm tool was set to ramp down a 9.5mm hole, it worked fine before, but now it doesn't, no matter if I enable, disable, or change lead-in and out options, it is almost like a minimum ramp diameter has been imposed, though I don't see any option in the toolpath setup to see or edit it. Error message is just general and meaningless, explains nothing.

Same exact story with 5mm endmill and 6mm holes - since update - Fusion won't generate those toolpaths any more...

edit: attaching pictures of another pre-update toolpath - hit re-generate on it = empty toolpath 

this one in particular is 5mm endmill making 6mm holes

Screenshot 2023-01-16 021634.png

Screenshot 2023-01-16 021721.png

  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
a.laasW8M6T
in reply to: jz79

I believe this is a Bug

try selecting an entry point:

Screenshot 2023-01-16 133618.png

That seems to fix it

Message 3 of 9
jz79
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

didn't think of trying entry position option, had a toolpath to do 4 countersinks that didn't regenerate like explained above, and selecting one of the edges near one of the holes fixed the empty toolpath
Message 4 of 9
engineguy

@jz79 

Not seeing a "bug" here, all seems to work by simply reducing the Lead in Radius from 2mm to 1mm, I also removed the Lead out just to get rid of the Yellow warning as it isn`t needed anyway. See images below.

ramp-toolpath.jpgramp-toolpath-1.jpg

Message 5 of 9
a.laasW8M6T

it is a bug as his previous toolpaths on parts that generated fine no longer generate

see this thread: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-manufacture/smooth-profile-ramp-glitch/td-p/11658040 

It should be fixed in the next release

Message 6 of 9
engineguy
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

@a.laasW8M6T 

I can only go off the file that was uploaded and reducing the Lead-in Radius worked fine without selecting an Entry Point so if that is a "bug" then how come it works here without the "workaround" ???

Message 7 of 9
jz79
in reply to: engineguy

I couldn't get it to produce the toolpath no matter how big, small and even turned off lead-in/outs I used. I thought maybe somehow, if the leads are too big and turned off, it somehow ignores the turned off setting and still uses it to check whether it has room for the cutter inside the contour, but making 0.1mm leadins and outs, turning them on/off, still didn't produce the toolpath. The only thing that helped is the solution workaround mentioned previously.

If using the predrilled option, then it just plunges to full depth and ignores the ramp, which isn't why I use this strategy in the first place.

It did work like you said before Jan update and on my old Win10 machine. This is on a new PC with new Win11 22H2 installed, activated and up to date, and fresh Fusion installation also of course.

Message 8 of 9
engineguy

@jz79 

As I mentioned I can only speak of the example file that you uploaded, on that file all I did was to change the Lead-in from 2mm Radius to 1mm Radius and it appeared to work fine.

If you have other files that you can upload that have the same issue I can have a go at them if you like, if you are happy to carry on using the workaround then OK.

I am on an old Win 10 PC and the Fusion Build is 2.0.15050

Message 9 of 9
jz79
in reply to: engineguy

for the sake of it, I just downloaded the file I posted earlier that you say you used for your test, opened in Fusion (2.0.15050 x86_64), put the lead options just like in your screenshot and still it doesn't generate the toolpath for the 9.5mm hole, in short - I can't reproduce what you say worked for you.

edit: and as soon as I pick an entry point anywhere on the part, doesn't even need to be connected to the features used for current toolpath, it generates the 9.5mm hole toolpath with or without lead options used

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report