Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend titleblock attribute types for auto population

Extend titleblock attribute types for auto population

Hi, 

I love the new titleblock editing options, however I woul like to place a request to expand it's functionality even further:

Could we please get more options for the Attribute types? The current short list leads to errors due to mistakes in duplicate information. Could you please expand the list with (more or less) the following:

• Part Number (For assemblies this would me the top-level component. Likewise with the below Attributes)
  • Part Descriptions
  • Material (For assemblies: "Various" or similar)
  • Bounding box
  • Projection Angle (Symbol?)
  • Units
  • (Revision)

Please feel free to add to the list in the comment section.

Kind Regards

6 Comments
acota
Participant

I agree with the original post. Maybe add an option to "create your own"?

mika.takalo
Advocate

There is "custom" attribute, but it cannot bring any properties from part files to drawing. In Earlier title block those part names was coming on the right place, but no more. I is nice to edit title block, but there should be options to do it. How it can be possible to update it and same time remove something from there what was there already???

dtom.toth
Participant

This would be a great addition. It doesn't seem like it would take much to add properties from the model file to the drawing title block attribute list. Units and the projection angle are at the top of the list of options I'd like to see. 

fusion
Explorer

Why did you remove the option to auto populate the Part number into the Title block? It was there in the previous version of the Title block editor.

mika.takalo
Advocate

Still feels like they don´t want to make this software too good...best new functions will be just implemented to Inventor...

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi All,

We are beginning to work on how the first wave of release and revision management support in Drawings will function and feel like, so I wanted to follow up on this thread with the good news! If you would like to see more details, and be a part of providing early feedback, please see this post on the Feedback Hub.

Best,

Timera

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report