Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of Line Weights in Drawing mode

Control of Line Weights in Drawing mode

Some industries(Like architecture) use 3D software in order to export drawings which are coloured into for presentation purposes. 

Fusion has no control over the maximum thickness of line-weights which would be very helpful. In general exporting with line weights in Fusion generates a very bad quality drawing.

It could also be helpful if the user could set the rate over which a line gets thicker across space. For instance, +.25mm thickness per 80mm of distance from the camera; with a maximum thickness of 1.5mm line weight. 

Hope my comment was clear and other people find the issue as important as I do! 

8 Comments
TheRealWilliam
Contributor

Incredible that this isn't implemented yet... This makes Fusions drawings completely useless for me... I can't believe this.

zhuravliki
Enthusiast

Fusion drawings are not suitable for the production: visually equal lines weight on the printed or exported drawings creates non-readable output for anything little bit more complex than the basic shapes. Unfortunately, almost all production plants operate with clearly readable 2D drawings, so, Fusion 360, with missing basic drawing functionality, completely useless for real world large scale production businesses and can be considered as the software for amateur makers or for the beginning engineering education.

Rosie_roses
Enthusiast

I also really want the ability to change line weight and type of line. 

Or just to be able to print out a sketch in fusion without converting to a drawing. 

This is because sometimes I print out a drawing and stick it on my work just to drill a hole in the right place, or to make sure one part that is CNC'ed fits in with holes on a hand made part. 

hybl.turbines
Community Visitor

Agree with all the above comments, please add this feature, otherwise the Fusion 360 will have only limited usability for practical use. Drawings are still the standard throughout the mechanical industry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I stumbled upon this flaw while trying to export a drawing as .pdf. it`s really a pain in the ***, not being able to influence stroke-width in any useable way. autodesk clearly needs to integrated this "feature" (if you want to call it like that). from my point of view me it`s just a standard?!

THANKS IN ADVANCE, AUTODESK!

zhuravliki
Enthusiast

We had the meeting regarding our company future development, including switching to new design software. Unfortunately, without ability to generate industry standard documentation and drawings, this great software still considered as good attachment to CNC machines and nothing more.

Please pay attention to current industrial workflows. Drawings are still the essential part of them now, and the things are not going to change in near future. Current Fusion 360 drawings is extremely limited and useless in industrial environment, which lead to guaranteed Fusion 360 failure as the main design platform.

TimeraAutodesk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Hi All, 

We are beginning to work on some line width / line weight support in Drawings, so I wanted to follow up with this thread with the good news 🙂 If you would like to see more details, and be a part of providing early feedback, please see this post on the Feedback Hub.

Best,

Timera

Hi @demetrisktorides and all,  I wanted to circle back to this original Idea and let you all know that we've implemented line weights control in Drawings with yesterday's release. Check it out in the What's New Blog post and reach out to Fusion.Drawings@autodesk.com if you have any questions or feedback.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report